1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I got to sit in one at the NC auto show last weekend. The materials felt nice to the touch, and you sit fairly low in car too. I was steering away from one due to gas prices, but sitting in the car really made me want to buy it again.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can't wait to see what "market adjustment" my friendly local dealers add to the sticker. The 04 GTOs were $5,000, so I'm expecting a similar "adjustment" on the G8:mad:.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Can't wait to see what "market adjustment" my friendly local dealers add to the sticker. The 04 GTOs were $5,000, so I'm expecting a similar "adjustment" on the G8:mad:.
That would be a fantastic way to kill the launch of this vehicle too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yea, mark up's and only on sale for 3 months until the 2009's should come out. GM already has the 2009 G8 info up on the website. I hope, as one other person said, that the 09's will be at dealers in September instead of March. I would have thought they would have learned from the GTO experiment but I guess now.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
All of the ones that are near my house are V-6 models. :(

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Finally.

And we'll finally be able to walk in to a Pontiac showroom and see a new RWD sedan for the first time in 22 years.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
The pontiac dealer here is going to call me as soon as they get one, which won't be for two weeks.

It's supposed to be a red GT V8 with a black interior.

The dealer knew this car was hot. I'll be sure to let you guys know the details of my test drive and how much they mark up the car.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I got to sit in one at the NC auto show last weekend. The materials felt nice to the touch, and you sit fairly low in car too. I was steering away from one due to gas prices, but sitting in the car really made me want to buy it again.
I imagine that the 3.6L version will scoot around pretty quickly if need be, and return decent mileage.

The car is not that heavy. I'd expect Malibu mileage or slightly better for the V6.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Finally.

And we'll finally be able to walk in to a Pontiac showroom and see a new RWD sedan for the first time in 22 years.
How ironic, the sticker on my 24-year old Pontiac RWD sedan expires at the end of this month.

Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Hey lets not worry about markups until we see them! With luck Pontiac dealers learned their lessons... in another thread someone mentioned seeing a red G8 Gt with no markup! Can't wait until some GMi members get their G8s and tell us all about them!

5,934 Posts
I'm not planning on getting one, but I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I imagine that the 3.6L version will scoot around pretty quickly if need be, and return decent mileage.

The car is not that heavy. I'd expect Malibu mileage or slightly better for the V6.

The V6 only gets 26 on the hwy compared to the V8 at 24 hwy. I'll probably buy a used one in a few years.

·
Registered
289 Posts
$28,000 MSRP for a V6?! That is the only car available near my house. How does this compare to a 300 or a Mustang? Hummmmmmm

·
Registered
197 Posts
Most of the new owners on one of the G8 sites are reporting they paid MSRP. A few dealers are asking over sticker. People need to stick together and refuse to pay over MSRP and this nonsense will be over very shortly.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Most of the new owners on one of the G8 sites are reporting they paid MSRP. A few dealers are asking over sticker. People need to stick together and refuse to pay over MSRP and this nonsense will be over very shortly.
Hey, no one appreciates actual information here... we much prefer wild statements based on nothing!

Glad to hear that at least some people are picking up the G8 without markups. That means some Pontiac dealers are reasonable and realise how important it is for the G8 to succeed. Cars like the Solstice, GTO, and G8 are great cars, and better than most of what Pontiac offers... but at the end of the day they're not heads and shoulders better than the competition. Pontiac forgot with the GTO and Solstice that it doesn't matter how much better than previous Pontiacs they were... what matters is how they compare to the competition. I'd say they have a very good car in the G8, and at MSRP they should sell all they can get.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts