GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking for a new car after my sister in law wrecked and totalled my wife's 2004 Sentra. We test drove an Astra XE w/ air, auto, and heated seats, and really liked it. The saleswoman told us that their are no lease options for the Astra. She also said that their were no incentives because they were "selling so quickly". (Nine hundred units in June doesn't seem all that quick to me, though.) We're not really in the best position to buy it outright because we weren't planning on replacing either of our cars for at least another 6 months.

My question is, does anyone know if their really are or are not lease options on the Astra, and if so, would it be at all possible to get an auto (for the wife, bummer) for under $300 if a lease were available? If this doesn't work out, I'll be looking for a late model Malibu Maxx.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There is no lease program from GM on the Astra. I think it's a big part of why they're not selling. I think the salesperson may have been trying to give you a little push by saying they were. Who knows, maybe they are at her store. The best Saturn leases are on the Vue if you're looking for some utility and good fuel economy provided you stick with the 4-cyl model. I doubt it will be as enjoyable as an Astra to drive however.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not uncommon- We have certain models- Vibe, Torrent, Solstice, Canyon, etc, that do not have a real lease program on them. (Low residuals, Standard rates)

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
That is really odd. There are lease programs in Canada which are actually great. You can get what you want for about $140 a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts