GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I was detailing a Toyoto Sienna today at work, the person had NPR tuned in... yada yada Russia aggression... yada yada nice weather in Seattle... and then a WTF moment. They said something along the lines of this...

"Mattel [toy manufacture] worth more than GM... Hot Wheels more reliable than Pontiacs. Tonight, at [I forget what time] we'll be going more indepth on this."

Umm, WTF?! NPR, I dont listen to you really, but that just pissed me off. Another import-bias news company joining the GM bashing bandwagon - GET YOU FACTS STRAIGHT.

And if Hot Wheels are more reliable then Pontiacs, they're also more reliable then Toyota's, too. I cant count how many Hot Wheels (and, to a lesser extent, Matchbox) cars I have that have outlasted - even with the abuse most of those cars couldn't even have NIGHTMARES about - most of the Toyota's and Honda's built. :lmao:

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
well heck, you can drop them from the top of a parking garage, attempt a vertical loop (and fail), jump em...except for an occasional bent axle they just keep going

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
They only have 6 moving parts - they ought to be more reliable than any car!

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
So, as I was detailing a Toyoto Sienna today at work, the person had NPR tuned in... yada yada Russia aggression... yada yada nice weather in Seattle... and then a WTF moment. They said something along the lines of this...

"Mattel [toy manufacture] worth more than GM... Hot Wheels more reliable than Pontiacs. Tonight, at [I forget what time] we'll be going more indepth on this."

Umm, WTF?! NPR, I dont listen to you really, but that just pissed me off. Another import-bias news company joining the GM bashing bandwagon - GET YOU FACTS STRAIGHT.

And if Hot Wheels are more reliable then Pontiacs, they're also more reliable then Toyota's, too. I cant count how many Hot Wheels (and, to a lesser extent, Matchbox) cars I have that have outlasted - even with the abuse most of those cars couldn't even have NIGHTMARES about - most of the Toyota's and Honda's built. :lmao:
Don't get all upset.

This is how the media works - stretch the truth however you need to in order to get people to watch (or in the case of NPR, listen).

I doubt anyone has taken a large group of Matchbox and put 50,000 miles on them in all weather conditions. ;)

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Our tax-dollars pay for that stuff. Priceless.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
At this point Mattel is worth more than GM, they are just cracking a joke at it by saying that...and a very bad one at that.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Pssh, I still love listening to the NPR on Sirius. Liberals are fun! :D
They can be fun, in an Art Bell or Flat Earth society sort of way. Or like those people who've found a Bigfoot corpse.

You just listen an chuckle at their bizarre view of the world.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Pssh, I still love listening to the NPR on Sirius. Liberals are fun! :D
Ok, I admit it. It's preset C8 on my Sportster 5, and SIR-3 Button 4 in the Pontiac, just before the Playboy Channel 198. :D

They have a most interesting view of how the world could be, if only they controlled...EVERYTHING. :D

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
They can be fun, in an Art Bell or Flat Earth society sort of way. Or like those people who've found a Bigfoot corpse.

You just listen an chuckle at their bizarre view of the world.
Sorry, but NPR's entire lineup isn't nonsense and all liberals aren't crazy looneys.

Rush Limbaugh is every bit as insane as Michael Moore.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
as long as its hot wheels or matchbox, cause, man, those made in china ones were TERRIBLE. you know, the ones taht came in like a 50 pack for 10 bucks. the wheels fell off, they got stuck in the carpet, axles bent. just terrible. hot wheels was where its at.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Sorry, but NPR's entire lineup isn't nonsense and all liberals aren't crazy looneys.

Rush Limbaugh is every bit as insane as Michael Moore.
Who said he's not? But I agree here, not ALL of it is totally insane. Mostly just the informative stuff (like there was a talk show on the other day where the guy took questions from people on things like biodiesel production and biodiversity) though.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Hot Wheels > Matchbox

:yup:

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Hot Wheels > Matchbox

:yup:
For real! I'd always be really mad if I went to someone's house in elementary school and they had Matchbox cars. I mean, come on. Pieces of junk..

I had so much Hot Wheels crap. I'd make entire cities with the connectible roads and junk. And of course I had my collection of Monte Carlo's that were always my favourites but I still had the usual cars. Haha... I even had the car wash thing. It was a big deal when I was allowed to use it with the soap and water hooked up though. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
For real! I'd always be really mad if I went to someone's house in elementary school and they had Matchbox cars. I mean, come on. Pieces of junk..

I had so much Hot Wheels crap. I'd make entire cities with the connectible roads and junk. And of course I had my collection of Monte Carlo's that were always my favourites but I still had the usual cars. Haha... I even had the car wash thing. It was a big deal when I was allowed to use it with the soap and water hooked up though. :cool:
DUDE. I HAD THE CAR WASH TOO.

I had the parking garage/car dealer one too. I could never figure out what it was, but thinking back, it did have a service/parts area and a showroom, so I guess it was a dealer. I used it as a parking garage though.

My favorite Hot Wheels car: a truck that strongly resembled a GMT-400 Silverado. :D

5,934 Posts
They know who their market is. That put a little grin on the latte sipping, import driving, self-loathing liberals who listen to NPR in their car.

I tune into NPR occasionally, between Rush and Hannity. Just to hear what the other side says.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
DUDE. I HAD THE CAR WASH TOO.

I had the parking garage/car dealer one too. I could never figure out what it was, but thinking back, it did have a service/parts area and a showroom, so I guess it was a dealer. I used it as a parking garage though.

My favorite Hot Wheels car: a truck that strongly resembled a GMT-400 Silverado. :D
AHHH I had that too! Man, Hot Wheels were awesome. My mom used to just go to the K-Mart by her work and pick some up for us at random times. She even picked up one of the rare Treasure Chest editions once. But I always liked a red Dodge Ram that I had and I also loved a red Charger Daytona. I'd always make a row of Monte Carlo's though. :p:

Oh! And don't forget the street lamps! THERE HAVE TO BE STREET LAMPS ON THE STREETS OR THEY ARE USELESS! And the trees and signs..

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
AHHH I had that too! Man, Hot Wheels were awesome. My mom used to just go to the K-Mart by her work and pick some up for us at random times. She even picked up one of the rare Treasure Chest editions once. But I always liked a red Dodge Ram that I had and I also loved a red Charger Daytona. I'd always make a row of Monte Carlo's though. :p:

Oh! And don't forget the street lamps! THERE HAVE TO BE STREET LAMPS ON THE STREETS OR THEY ARE USELESS! And the trees and signs..
I know!! My mom would randomly buy me cars too. I even had these storage cases for them. I'd make massive traffic jams and build little construction sites and block off random roads. So awesome.

I remember I had these other ones too, they weren't Hot Wheels, but it was the same basic thing with a playmat and cars and accessories, one was a city and the other a racetrack.

Blaaah. I miss being a kid. No high school, no homework, no worrying about college, just Hot Wheels all day long.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I know!! My mom would randomly buy me cars too. I even had these storage cases for them. I'd make massive traffic jams and build little construction sites and block off random roads. So awesome.

I remember I had these other ones too, they weren't Hot Wheels, but it was the same basic thing with a playmat and cars and accessories, one was a city and the other a racetrack.

Blaaah. I miss being a kid. No high school, no homework, no worrying about college, just Hot Wheels all day long.
Haha, I even had little sections of road with potholes built in to them. I had the play mat thing for like a week but it was too lame.

But I dunno, I kind of like the being able to drive thing. That's always fun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts