GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of a repeat, but I never got the question answered the first time and I wanted to be the first to post in this forum. :D

I have an '85 Eldorado. The power mirror on the right side is a little loose and I want to tighten the screw that holds it.

The problem is that the screw is on the inside, behind the mirror itself. I can't figure out how to remove the mirror. It looks like maybe it pops out, but I don't want to break it.

There are no screws, no tabs, nothing that visibly holds the mirror into the housing. Does anyone know how it's supposed to come off?

(PS Sorry in advance if I'm making some people sick with this same question, but I'm having an unusually hard time trying to find someone who can answer the question and I'm desperate. :woot2:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
check on google....or take it to a dealership and ask...or the library...they might have one of those cool books that gives you all the secrets to your car....

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bakerna@Apr 20 2004, 06:03 AM
check on google....or take it to a dealership and ask...or the library...they might have one of those cool books that gives you all the secrets to your car....
Yup, it looks like I'm going to have to break down and ask someone at the dealership. I practically live off Google, but this is one of those rare times that I couldn't find any information on the Web about something I wanted to know. I've also looked through a Haynes manual, but no dice there either.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts