GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well is caddy really doing? Are they selling up a storm or is all this just BS? I couldnt find any reports on this site, so does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW 33.5% for the Vue!! DAYUM Looks like the Equinox is going to walk into a kick *** year!

Thanks Caddy.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
cavalier up? sunfire up? grand am up? very odd! also very good news! i figured these'd trail right off this year, but so far so good. and yeah, i'm sure incentives are helping move these... but from what i understand GM rebates have levelled off. exciting stuff... can't wait for all the new goodies later this year!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey that's great info! Does anyone know how to get the same info about competitors? Comparison's would be interesting, (i.e. Deville vs Lincoln, E class, Lexus, Jag, BMW, etc). Would also make this info much more meaningful.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I sure wish I still subscribed to Automotive News. Frequent sales numbers for the entire industry. Absolutely fascinating. And 129 bucks a year.

I shouldn't be so cheap.

Crunching those numbers on the GM site: it looks like CTS is very nearly outselling DeVille and Seville combined? (16,000 total, subtract the trucks leaves 10,000 and 4800 of 'em are CTSs.)

Maybe Cadillac can someday get along without the DeVille? (I know, that's a terrible thing to say.)

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by AMcA@Mar 3 2004, 06:17 PM
Maybe Cadillac can someday get along without the DeVille?  (I know, that's a terrible thing to say.)
Cadillac without DeVille?

Why, that's like Chevy without Camaro, Buick without Century, GM without Oldsmobile...

...er, maybe those aren't good examples. :blink:

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I utter that blasphemy because it's a puzzle where the DeVille fits in the Cadillac line-up. If Cadillac wants to compete with the S-Class and the 7 series and the Jag XJ and the Lex-arse LS cars -- which Cadillac NEEDS to do -- it needs a big sedan with a $60-80,000 price tag.

But that's a uncomfortable fit with a big $40-50,000 DeVille sitting on the same showroom floor. It will undermine the new big expensive model by offering pretty much the same size for less. And that brings down the effort to bring up the whole line.

It's a tough problem. Cadillac can't really drop the DeVille, either, when they're selling 50 or 60,000 of them a year at such nice margins. I don't envy Mr. LaNeve this dilemma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts