GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 4 cylinder LTZ about to be released or the 2009s get new interior color choices other than the current orange/black and the cocoa interiors?

Many people hate both colors.
Otherwise, I guess they can just load up a 2LT with options about equivalent to an LTZ instead once the four cylinder with 6-speed is available on more than just the LTZ trim next year.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Will the 4 cylinder LTZ about to be released or the 2009s get new interior color choices other than the current orange/black and the cocoa interiors?

Many people hate both colors.
Otherwise, I guess they can just load up a 2LT with options about equivalent to an LTZ instead once the four cylinder with 6-speed is available on more than just the LTZ trim next year.
Unfortunatly no! The ugly LTZ interior colors are back for 09! The 2LT "suede" interior is decent though. Not quite as nice as the LTZ leather though, too bad they dont have Ebony only in the LTZ!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly no! The ugly LTZ interior colors are back for 09! The 2LT "suede" interior is decent though. Not quite as nice as the LTZ leather though, too bad they dont have Ebony only in the LTZ!
I know I hate the Brick interior, but I've only seen the Cocoa in photos. Some of the photos looked over the top even with the Cocoa, but I suppose it might look a bit more restrained in person.

If I get a Malibu, I'll be more likely to get a loaded 2LT and live without the automatic temperature control, heated mirrors and power passenger seat.

I think I'll wait for the USB radio also, so who knows how long that'll be?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I do not kno who all these customers are who hate these interiors but they are not shopping around here. Our LTZ's stay on the lot for around 4 days in either color.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the LTZ at my local dealers are selling well also, lots of people like them, just not me!
I hear that dealers don't have that many available to sell anyway, so inventories remain low despite the limited sales.

It's easy to sell out your stock when you have 5 cars available for sale and not 50 like the Accords and Camrys being sold at the Toyota and Honda dealers.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I agree on the colors. The Cocoa/Cashmere is nice, and the Brick/Black interesting...but also polarizing for a lot of people. And then, that's...it.

Fan of the 2-tone, but there also needs to be an all Black, a Titanium/Black, and a Cashmere/Black, for everyone who wants an LTZ but not the 2 combos only it comes in.

Had they been available in January, we very much would have considered an LTZ-4, but got a 2LT with the 4-cyl and LOVE the interior and everything about it even more. As much as people thought the Titanium interior, for instance, screamed rental car in pictures early on...the 2-tone gray and very light gray/cream is stunning, and the leather/Ultralux suede seats are awesome. So, very happy with the 2LT. And after seeing them, my mother still wasn't gaga over either of the 2 LTZ interiors in comparison.

They sell, but there needs to be more choice to continue. Not that the Aura is a winner in this regard either, because it has a gray, tan, and black interior...unless you get the top XR trim. Then your only choice is black, more black, or the Morocco brown special interior. Weird. Top trims should get as many, if not more, color choices inside.

·
Registered
2020 Malibu Premier Cajun Red picked up 9/19/19 Every factory option. Great car. Not my first.
533 Posts
I know I hate the Brick interior, but I've only seen the Cocoa in photos. Some of the photos looked over the top even with the Cocoa, but I suppose it might look a bit more restrained in person.

If I get a Malibu, I'll be more likely to get a loaded 2LT and live without the automatic temperature control, heated mirrors and power passenger seat.

I think I'll wait for the USB radio also, so who knows how long that'll be?
I have a few more pics of the cashmere/cocoa interior in my photobucket account. You have to see the car AND the interior in person AND in the right color combinations. However, with the limited number of LTZs in dealer stock, this is a bit difficult to do. They definitely need MORE color choices/combinations for the LTZ. I guess when you're more interested in pushing the 4 cyl. to compete with the Toyo/Hondas then I guess they are not worried about the LTZ interiors. Now that the 4 cyl. is available on the LTZ with the 6-speed tranny, they better rethink the interior trim choices. I think you can get more color choices in a Chevy AVEO!:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a few more pics of the cashmere/cocoa interior in my photobucket account. You have to see the car AND the interior in person AND in the right color combinations. However, with the limited number of LTZs in dealer stock, this is a bit difficult to do. They definitely need MORE color choices/combinations for the LTZ. I guess when you're more interested in pushing the 4 cyl. to compete with the Toyo/Hondas then I guess they are not worried about the LTZ interiors. Now that the 4 cyl. is available on the LTZ with the 6-speed tranny, they better rethink the interior trim choices. I think you can get more color choices in a Chevy AVEO!:(

There is also the 2009 Saturn Aura XR with same poweratrains and different interior color choices.
I may look at that also, but there are fewer Saturn dealers for any needed warranty work and the exterior styling isn't as good.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
but got a 2LT with the 4-cyl and LOVE the interior and everything about it even more. and the leather/Ultralux suede seats are awesome. So, very happy with the 2LT.
So you like your 2LT interior? My G/F's current Malibu SS has the "UltraLux" interior. They tout it as leather/suede combo. But I have found that Ultralux is more like vinyl/faux suede/cloth instead of the nice materal they make it out to be. I like the way it looks I guess, but I am just not sold on the UltraLux. Which color is your interior, and what are your impressions about the UltraLux?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not that the Aura is a winner in this regard either, because it has a gray, tan, and black interior...unless you get the top XR trim. Then your only choice is black, more black, or the Morocco brown special interior. Weird. Top trims should get as many, if not more, color choices inside.
Late in the 2007 model year tan and grey leather interior colors became available in Aura XR models. From that point on, you could get an Aura XR with leather in grey, tan, black or morocco brown, the XE with tan or grey only. If you wanted cloth in an XR, black was it. If you wanted the cool morocco interior in an XE, no dice. All of this is just so fussy and ridiculous to the customer. The Malibu suffers the same ingenious GM trim limitations. I think the two-tones on LTZ models are great but they, like Saturn's morocco trim, should be optional with more conventional choices available.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Late in the 2007 model year tan and grey leather interior colors became available in Aura XR models. From that point on, you could get an Aura XR with leather in grey, tan, black or morocco brown, the XE with tan or grey only. If you wanted cloth in an XR, black was it. If you wanted the cool morocco interior in an XE, no dice. All of this is just so fussy and ridiculous to the customer. The Malibu suffers the same ingenious GM trim limitations. I think the two-tones on LTZ models are great but they, like Saturn's morocco trim, should be optional with more conventional choices available.
Correct, I realized that after I posted otherwise!;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
So you like your 2LT interior? My G/F's current Malibu SS has the "UltraLux" interior. They tout it as leather/suede combo. But I have found that Ultralux is more like vinyl/faux suede/cloth instead of the nice materal they make it out to be. I like the way it looks I guess, but I am just not sold on the UltraLux. Which color is your interior, and what are your impressions about the UltraLux?
LOVE IT. Mom was a cloth-only person, but when she wanted the Malibu, I was told "with leather". Knowing how she complained about it being hot, sticky, etc. I still wasn't sure and then the fact that the 2LT (the right model) had leather/Ultralux, it worked out perfect. She was still a bit unsure about the Ultralux (mainly because she thought it was real suede and worried about cleaning, etc.), but really loves it because the outsides areas are leather but the part you actually most touch is soft and not affected by hot or cold as much--the Ultralux.

From someone else who had it in a past Malibu here and a co-worker who actually has (2) 2004 LT's with it, I've asked, and all rave about it. Basically because it's apparently very easy to clean, durable, and better than most cloth, but feels fantastic and just like suede.

Our interior is the Titanium, which even though it's the ever hated blah of gray...looks stunning in pictures and reality. The medium gray mixed with the very light almost cream gray and then the silver accents looks very modern, is light and bright, and isn't something we'd get sick of like the Cocoa (nice...but a little too many colors, sometimes) or Ebony (way too dark...dust, prints, heat, etc.).

The Titanium is a big reason why I wish there was a Ebony/Titanium combo for the LTZ...dark upper, light lower. But not a shocking color like Brick, and not all browns with the Cocoa. Also then could be a Black/Neutral, which is always gorgeous.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOVE IT. Mom was a cloth-only person, but when she wanted the Malibu, I was told "with leather". Knowing how she complained about it being hot, sticky, etc. I still wasn't sure and then the fact that the 2LT (the right model) had leather/Ultralux, it worked out perfect. She was still a bit unsure about the Ultralux (mainly because she thought it was real suede and worried about cleaning, etc.), but really loves it because the outsides areas are leather but the part you actually most touch is soft and not affected by hot or cold as much--the Ultralux.

From someone else who had it in a past Malibu here and a co-worker who actually has (2) 2004 LT's with it, I've asked, and all rave about it. Basically because it's apparently very easy to clean, durable, and better than most cloth, but feels fantastic and just like suede.

Our interior is the Titanium, which even though it's the ever hated blah of gray...looks stunning in pictures and reality. The medium gray mixed with the very light almost cream gray and then the silver accents looks very modern, is light and bright, and isn't something we'd get sick of like the Cocoa (nice...but a little too many colors, sometimes) or Ebony (way too dark...dust, prints, heat, etc.).

The Titanium is a big reason why I wish there was a Ebony/Titanium combo for the LTZ...dark upper, light lower. But not a shocking color like Brick, and not all browns with the Cocoa. Also then could be a Black/Neutral, which is always gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure that the 2LT "suede" and "leather" is all synthetic material, not real leather, but it still looks better than the partially real leather LTZ colors.
There are some better colors they could have chosen for the LTZ though. I think some of the 2 tone LTZ colors in the new Traverse look OK.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
^^^Yeah, thats exactly what I'm saying. The 2LT's have "leather" and Ultralux "suede". Where as I think its more like vynil and glorified cloth. My G/F's current 06 Malibu SS has the Ultralux and I do not like it at all! But the pics of your (caddycruiser) Malibu's interior looks pretty nice. I dont know, shes likes the ebony 2LT interior, but hates the woodgrain it comes with that wraps around the dash! I dont know what she will do, shes a RN now and wants something a little more classy, but she really like the local Chevy Dealer! And the Malibu is the only thing we/she really likes that they have! Plus we get GMS so its really nice to get that discount on a car. I dont know what we will do? The local VW/Audi dealer has a 07 A4 3.2/M6 Quattro that we might go look at. But then again she really likes the chevy dealer(plus my best friend is the parts manager). Who knows what she will end up with!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
As usual, the sides and backs of the seats are vinyl, but the face "edges" are leather and then the Ultralux is synthetic suede (real stuff would be a nightmare, especially in a $22-26k volume sedan), which looks and feels great, and from--again--everyone I've spoken to is very durable and more butt friendly than all leather.

Again...LTZ, I say add a Titanium/Ebony combo and also a Cashmere/Ebony. The Brick/Black is still cool and gets attention, but can't be overdone, and the Cocoa/Cashmere is great, but again the 2 shades of brown aren't for everyone. A 2-tone with a black upper and a light color below is a very luxurious thing. Then, of course, also all Ebony.

I expected to see something for '09, but it didn't happen.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
As usual, the sides and backs of the seats are vinyl, but the face "edges" are leather and then the Ultralux is synthetic suede (real stuff would be a nightmare, especially in a $22-26k volume sedan), which looks and feels great, and from--again--everyone I've spoken to is very durable and more butt friendly than all leather.

Again...LTZ, I say add a Titanium/Ebony combo and also a Cashmere/Ebony. The Brick/Black is still cool and gets attention, but can't be overdone, and the Cocoa/Cashmere is great, but again the 2 shades of brown aren't for everyone. A 2-tone with a black upper and a light color below is a very luxurious thing. Then, of course, also all Ebony.

I expected to see something for '09, but it didn't happen.
Going off of your pics and description the seats sound pretty nice. My local dealer only has a LTZ, LS, an 1LT so I cant check them out for myself. I might have to cruise around and see what I cand find though. I would really like to see how they look and feel in person! A 2LT with V6 is a pretty good price, minus GM discount, that would make for a really nice car, for not alot of money!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to a local Chevy dealer and sat in an LTZ with the Cocoa brown interior and it looked better than the photos I've seen because the lighter tone of the two-tone was darker than it appeared in photos. The leather was pretty soft and the leather smell was a bit nicer than the smell of the Ultralux fabric in the 2LT.
A more conventional solid color would be more appealing, but the Cocoa was a livable choice.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Going off of your pics and description the seats sound pretty nice. My local dealer only has a LTZ, LS, an 1LT so I cant check them out for myself. I might have to cruise around and see what I cand find though. I would really like to see how they look and feel in person! A 2LT with V6 is a pretty good price, minus GM discount, that would make for a really nice car, for not alot of money!
Yes, I like the 2LT most of all...very a la carte, but most all of the trim on the LTZ, etc., the Ultralux, two of the best wheel choices, more color choices, etc.

I knew someone else who wanted the V6 but thought it was LTZ only and turned off by the price. Clued him in that a 2LT could also have it and, well, he know has a perfect Malibu;)

Sometimes mom still says she thinks full leather would be better (wanted it for easier cleaning, dogs, etc.), but loves the comfort and feel of the Ultralux as it stands.

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Those are some #%#% nice pictures of the Malibu.
That interior is incredible.
Rockin.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.