GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the TrailBlazer leaving us, we are stuck with a Tahoe/Suburban or 2 different crossovers. Will GM give us small truck-based SUV for the poor folk? ;)

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
For me, something the size of the Colorado in the spirit and style of the Blazer ZR2 with a six speed manual, big off road tires, minimal chrome, and the 2.9L Diesel would be perfect for me.

Gm will probably charge $35K for that if they ever do offer it.

They are making the new Colorado on the global T370 chassis which is supposed to support SUVs (think Frontier and Xterra chassis).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Frontier and Xterra were EXACTLY what I had in mind when thinking about this. I will be getting rid of my GTO for a 5th gen Camaro. At the same time I will be buying a DD. I like the Colorado and even enjoy driving it, but an SUV would be much more useful for me, but I don't want to spend the coin on a H3.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Next-gen Equinox is supposed to fill the void left by the GMT-360s.
Maybe size wise almost, and only for the non XL versions. But they're still crossovers, not BOF SUVs.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe size wise almost, and only for the non XL versions. But they're still crossovers, not BOF SUVs.
Exactly. I'm guess GM doesn't feel as though there is a market for such a vehicle. I'm also the kind of person who would love to see a full size K5 Blazer come back, so what do I know :)

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Next-gen Equinox is supposed to fill the void left by the GMT-360s.
I'd rather take a Subaru Outback off road.

The trailblazer replacement doesn't have to be BOF so long as it is off road capable and can tow a good sized bass boat. The Grand Cherokee is not body on frame, and up until recently, it was fairly capable off road.

It would probably be cheaper to build it on the T370 chassis.

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
True, but I don't see any new BOF SUVs in the works, so one can only assume that GM's plan is to have the Equinox and Terrain replace the GMT-360s. There was a rumor that GM had an X-terra sized SUV in the works...but I think that died.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The Frontier and Xterra were EXACTLY what I had in mind when thinking about this. I will be getting rid of my GTO for a 5th gen Camaro. At the same time I will be buying a DD. I like the Colorado and even enjoy driving it, but an SUV would be much more useful for me, but I don't want to spend the coin on a H3.
a basic H3 is, well not cheaper, but not much more then a crew colorado here.....after rebates and a little discount a H3 comes in around 36, a crew colorado starts around 33-34 here, not much diff...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
For me, something the size of the Colorado in the spirit and style of the Blazer ZR2 with a six speed manual, big off road tires, minimal chrome, and the 2.9L Diesel would be perfect for me.

Gm will probably charge $35K for that if they ever do offer it.

They are making the new Colorado on the global T370 chassis which is supposed to support SUVs (think Frontier and Xterra chassis).

I always thought the blazer ZR2 was a kickA$$ looking truck. I wanted GM to keep it around to fight the Nissan Xterra.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
I'd rather take a Subaru Outback off road.

The trailblazer replacement doesn't have to be BOF so long as it is off road capable and can tow a good sized bass boat. The Grand Cherokee is not body on frame, and up until recently, it was fairly capable off road.

It would probably be cheaper to build it on the T370 chassis.
And I've seen quite a few "Grand Churrkees" pulling boats to the spillway at 3am Saturday morning...

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
And I've seen quite a few "Grand Churrkees" pulling boats to the spillway at 3am Saturday morning...
As have I.

Lots of SUVs used by city folks on the weekends to get to the hunting camp. I've seen a bunch of Tahoes, Trailblazers, Grand Cherokees, and 4runners at Morganza and Bonne Carre on the weekends.

I don't think I've ever seen a Highlander, Equinox, or Pilot out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts