GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
pull the dours out a couple inches, get rid a bit of the fender flaring and lower the front a bit and it COULD be a camaro...but rite now it really doesn't work....nice looking car though. very good chop

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
it's kinda got some wide, powerful hips... i'd say the car's got all the right proportions. i'm not a camaro guy... so i'm not sure that it's in keeping with the 30+ year old camaro vein, but looks like a tight little ride anyways.

(where's the guy who always posts "NO! DO NOT build that GM! there NO way that THAT CAR should built!"? i get a kick outta that guy. thinks the pictures are real.

unless... rex might be a GM spy and is really looking for public input... hmmm...)

·
Registered
373 Posts
The red chop is gross but the silver one is ok. Make a little flip in the back. and straighten and flatten the front. Then it would look good.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
here's a slightly edited version...no fender flare on the front and the roof has been lowered a couple inches....check it out

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bakerna, please don't edit my chops without permission.

If you want to try something on your own, that's fine.
If you want me to modify a chop, just ask nicely, and I'll try to do it.

That said, I don't like your changes. Especially the lower roof.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Rex great chop I think the rear window looks great it has a very G35 look to it in the side profile which is a really good thing. Right now I think the G35 is the sexiest 4 seating coupe on the market. I would like to see the wheel well slits that run back from the wells towards the rear like we saw on the 69 camaro and the 99 impala and also the new malibu. I would crap my pants if those weren't on the new camaro. :pain:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Rex, I still find it curious that you always put the "gills" behind the front wheels instead of in front of the rear wheels. Though I definitely agree that it looks better where you put them, it just always catches my attention. . . probably 'cuz I love the '69 so much.

An idea for the grill: Maybe a dark "mesh" instead of the silver (gray) vertical slat things. Is it still taboo to suggest that there be no crossbar behind the bowtie? If not, I think that, along with a larger bowtie would be an improvement.

I also don't like the rear fender bulge. . . it would look better without that horizontal cut into the body just above it

The proportions are almost perfect for a camaro though, and you always seem to do a great job of making a concept speak it's heritage without going "over the top."

Definitely a great idea.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

Sorry rex, didnt mean to upset you

That said I'm sure you didnt have the permission of whoever originally made this so I'm not sure why you're getting so upset.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Feb 29 2004, 06:55 AM

Sorry rex, didnt mean to upset you

That said I'm sure you didnt have the permission of whoever originally made this so I'm not sure why you're getting so upset
Be Careful bakerna...you're entering hot water here...The sketch that Rex based it on was of the Buick Velite (a drawing owned by GM) which means no one really OWNS it, so you can modify it all you want. Modifying somone else's image however, is generally accepted to be a bad thing, unless you ask the owner of the modified image (Rex). Please be respectful to the moderators.

I have highlighted what I think you said was innapropriate, just so you are aware.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
All im sayin tahoe is that if those sketches were by GM then they're GM property....rex most likely hasn't gotten permission to use them so he shouldn't be jumping on me about editing his chop....I even posted it in the same fthread...I coudl have started a new one a claimed vcredit for the whole thing but...hey...whaever...and btw rex I pointed out what I felt should be done...didnt get done so I did it myself...thanks for pointing out the disrespect too tahoe

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Who cares!?! They're both ugly, especially on the grill...

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have to agree with Bakerna.
If you chop a GM photo anyone should be able to modify your work as well. I was surprised to see such strong reactions. I like this site because it is a open forum for better ideas for GM, no one is out to steal.
I like both concepts but not the grill. The truck grill should stay on trucks.
Why not try a Nomad style grill?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't necessarily agree with Tahoe's reaction.

I just voiced my opinion that I don't like to see my own work modified by others, especially without giving me any kind of credit. No, I don't have GM's permission to modify their pictures. I understand where your statement is coming from, but I don't really agree with it.

Either way.....

Lets get back to the chop discussion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts