GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Does that thing have a chopped top??
It may just be the angle, but the beltline looks awfully high.
Kids and petite wives may have a hard time looking out the side windows. ;)

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
I'm sure this vehicle will be a fine specimen, and I'm sure it will have a noticeably positive impact on Hummer in the shortterm, mostly in the form of boosted sales. However, IMO, the H3 absolutely needs to be the lowest rung on the Hummer ladder. I'm concerned that this vehicle may dilute Hummer's significant cachet by eroding the Brand's exclusivity.

·
Registered
742 Posts
it's higher because it has test equipment underneath it and on the suspension. See the yellow?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by mrfunji@Mar 24 2004, 02:50 AM
it's higher because it has test equipment underneath it and on the suspension. See the yellow?
that looks like chassis?
I hope that the turbo 5 makes it into production for this car, and then spreads.
I think that Hummer can do a lot and could keep making off road oriented cars, but its really a small nich market. Id like to see an agressive looking WRX-like rally car from Hummer. They could compete in WRC with it. Just a thought...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I work at the GM plant in Shrveport where the Colorado/Canyon/ H3 are built. The H3 looks just like the spyshot. It will have the I5 at first and a rumored 350hp supercharged I5 later on. It is going to be a huge truck! I just hope they're built out of better stuff than the colorado/Canyon. Good looking trucks but the quality sucks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Does anyone remember the days when Hummers looked like they were build out of steel? The H2 and H3 look way too plasticky in my opinion. However that looks like a lot of ground clearance, and by the looks of the wheel wells I'd say you could fit 39s on there no problem! I bet this thing will kick *** offroad

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by cainsw@Mar 24 2004, 03:54 AM
I just hope they're built out of better stuff than the colorado/Canyon. Good looking trucks but the quality sucks.
really? i wasn't aware... what are you basing this one? got any info?

(not being a jerk here... i really am curious how you know this! i'd hoped these trucks were well built... and wonder what info there is to the contrary).

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Carguy@Mar 23 2004, 10:01 PM
It will probibly have the I5 but it should have the 4.8L V8 standard.
Whatever gets better fuel economy.

If GM was smart it would counter the Eco-terrorists' claims of the evil nature of the HUMMER brand by offering that Silverado mild hybrid assist on the next Hummer.

Of course, they could do that in the big HUMMER and give the smaller one the Turbo I-5.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw this thing on Edmunds.com a few days back. I think that this vehicle is just testing the handling system in various conditions and cosmetically is not what to expect when production begins next year.

I don't think that it will take much a way from the exclusivity. I think what they are doing is great. In my opinion, it's to make Jeep run for their money. And trust me, they will!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by QueenSheba@Mar 24 2004, 04:48 PM
I saw this thing on Edmunds.com a few days back. I think that this vehicle is just testing the handling system in various conditions and cosmetically is not what to expect when production begins next year.
i dunno... it looks fairly established (design-wise). it doesn't have the typical odd-shaped covers and guards that we see on prototype vehicles. maybe you're right... but it'd take a bit of work and be a waste to get a complete body like that ready if it didn't represent the eventual design.

i also saw some spy shots (not sure if it was edmunds.com or not), and it didn't have proper taillights, but instead they were simply tacked on to either side of the spare tire. i sure wouldn't be surprised if this is the shape of the H3... though i know i could be wrong!

and i sure don't see any wrangler in that (in response to whoever said they did!). looks pure hummer to me!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I saw this thing on Edmunds.com a few days back. I think that this vehicle is just testing the handling system in various conditions and cosmetically is not what to expect when production begins next year
i work for a Hummer dealer, and we have seen shots of the truck already. i'm sure i can't post them, but i assure you, from what i've seen, this is the truck. also, a little info, based on what we've been told here...

3.5L I-5
31" tires with available 33"s
available locking rear diff.
full underbody skidplates

that's all i can say for now. wish i could show you the pic, but i'm sure GM would have my arse for it.

133 Posts
As far as 'petite wives and kids' ? GIve 'em some phone books to sit on. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts