GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the poor decision making and failed leadership marches on. there should be something on the magnitude of the French Revolution waged against GM. we declare ourselves the Third Estate (GMIN) storm the Bastille (Ren Cen) and remove Louis XVI (Red Ink Rick). we establish a Declaration of the Rights of Employees, Retirees, Dealers, Suppliers, and Customers (Return to Greatness).

Robespierre

Once more befits it that the voice of Truth,
Fearless in innocence, though leagured round
By envy and her hateful brood of hell,
Be heard amid this hall; once more befits
The patriot, whose prophetic eye so oft
Has pierced thro' faction's veil, to flash on crimes
Of deadliest import.

Shakespeare

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
no. thoughts, ideas, and words are the weapons of this Revolution.
no. thoughts, ideas and words are merely those. what is needed is ACTION. action of the magnitude of which you're suggesting is done by buying the controlling share of GM. start a website dedicated to collecting funds from dealers, suppliers, employees, vendors, et al of GM to BUY GM OUT. gain control and then implement your plan of Return to Greatness.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
no. thoughts, ideas and words are merely those. what is needed is ACTION. action of the magnitude of which you're suggesting is done by buying the controlling share of GM. start a website dedicated to collecting funds from dealers, suppliers, employees, vendors, et al of GM to BUY GM OUT. gain control and then implement your plan of Return to Greatness.
good idea except that six banks own roughly two thirds of the stock making a take over impossible. therefore recommend utilizing popular opinion to influence the direction of the company. IMO that begins by having all of us together demand the removal of Wagoner. it's time the nobility in the palace listen to the people. those of you in the First and Second Estates need to join the rest of us who are tired of "eating cake".

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
we all want to change the world

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
we'd all love to see the plan

Fab Four

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Aren't you still leading in the polls of who should be CEO of GM/Chrysler?

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aren't you still leading in the polls of who should be CEO of GM/Chrysler?
that's not the job for me. I'm only interested in the area in which I am an expert and that is selling cars. whoever ends up running the place would bask in glory were they to allow Return to Greatness to be implemented. imagine if you will that I've been right all along and the thing actually did what I claim?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
good idea except that six banks own roughly two thirds of the stock making a take over impossible. therefore recommend utilizing popular opinion to influence the direction of the company. IMO that begins by having all of us together demand the removal of Wagoner. it's time the nobility in the palace listen to the people. those of you in the First and Second Estates need to join the rest of us who are tired of "eating cake".

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
we all want to change the world

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
we'd all love to see the plan

Fab Four
so exactly how do you plan on this massive undertaking of popular opinion? like the walrus himself said in the song you quote...we'd all love to see the plan. I mean, here on GMI, there could be what? 10,000 members tops? It's probably a lot lower than that. How would you garner everybody's vote to remove the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world? And be careful where you tread JD....there could be tigers. If you try to bring together all the dealers, there are quite a few who like to keep their head stuck in the sand. They feel that GM is doing nothing wrong...it's all the public's fault for not buying those GM vehicles. If you try to rally the GM suppliers, how long before GM catches wind and decides to use other suppliers.
These are desperate times sir...desperate measures are called for. But, these measures must be made smartly. I've read your plan. I agree with your plan. I'm also trying to get out of the car business. And btw, if you say that 2 or 3 banks own most of GM stock...well, since it's selling for what? 6.50 a share, why not just have a collective of Return to Greatness Supporters and buy the shares for $10. I have yet to know of any bank that would turn down a profit like that. Especially if they've purchased those shares when they were 30-40 dollars.
And by the way, just to inform and appease everybody...I'm a BPG salesman in the business for 20 years. I don't make a ton of money. I have a modest home and no college degree. I don't consider myself very intelligent, but I can't stand when corporate officers who are paid immensely, feel that their ineptitude can be justified. These are supposed to be the smartest guys in the room. How do they take what was 40-45% market share and just let it get away....year after year after year.
So if you wonder why I"m a Buickman supporter, I suggest you read his plan. It makes sense, plain and simple. And that is something I think GM needs and America needs. We've been fed a convoluted diatribe and ideology for far too long. From both Generous Motors and our political parties.
signing off and getting off my soapbox.
ciao

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks for the support and motivation. it's guys like you that keep me going when I begin to wonder if this is really worth all the effort. you should consider yourself intelligent, you write well and with passion. hang in there.

as to the banks, they won't sell since they are able to strip the company of so much cash through investment banking fees and interest. ie, hiring Merrill Lynch to "advise" us on selling AC Delco. that's the same stranglehold that cost so much in the Fiat Fiasco wherein Merrill bilked GM while their Chairman Stanley O'Neal served on our Board. thru their puppet Red Ink Rick they are able to enrich themselves and rob the minor shareholders. it's criminal activity and why I called not only for Wagoner's removal but also his indictment.

over at GeneralWatch, I receive emails daily from all kinds of folks around the globe, salespeople, dealers, employees, retirees, suppliers, analysts, members of the media, and more. some have questions, many are desparate as their businesses are going under. some are just seeking advice as to whether they should sell out. the groundswell of agreement regarding Return to Greatness continues to grow as times become more difficult and more are waking up to the reality of Wagoner's failure.

I plan to visit a few more dealers this month who are practically begging me to help them. this I can do and often at no charge. the time to tie this all together is approaching, the question is exactly how to bring everyone together. there are interested parties waiting to assist in the effort.

lastly, yes, I am aware of the spies lurking about. no fear, God is a silent partner in all great endeavors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts