GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some observations:

1) The Corvette starts moving in the begining without DRLs, headlights, or parking lights (presumebly because its being pulled along a conveyer line).
2) The Corvette then utilizes the headlights and foglights, however a few frames later, it changes over to parking lights all without having its rear lights on...hmmmmm
3) Then it switches back to full-on lights (headlight/foglights) without having its rears on
4) The Aveo doesn't have DRLs as far as I can tell...
5)For some strange reason, the sparks coming from under the ramp dissapear while the Colorado gets on it (which would normally lead to more "spark-ege").
6) The Equinox doesn't have DRLs (They must have had the parking brake on, the entire time...oops).
7) Originally we see that the SSR starts off with headlights on...then it swiches to speeding buy without any headlights (must have put the parking brake on by accident)
8) Then while the SSR is in the midst of sliding the Headlights go on again (with no rear lights of course)
9) After the SSR reaches the ramp, the driver steps on the brake, then when the frame moves the SSR's brake lights aren't on!
10) Where's to cobalt? Wheres the other 4 of the "10 New Chevrolet's"?

Just something to think about!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 12 2004, 03:50 AM
After reading that, the only thing I can think about is that Tahoe has way too much free time on his hands.
some people really get their kicks from pointing out continuity error's in tv commercials and movies.

Of course it's obsessive!! Unfortunetly - modren medical science hasn't solved this yet.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow guys, I thought you would get a kick out of that...OUCH! And yes, blame it all on DRLs, I guess they really do attract attention huh...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 12 2004, 03:50 AM
After reading that, the only thing I can think about is that Tahoe has way too much free time on his hands.
I came to the same conclusion about 2 things into the thread...

anyway, its still a kick arse commercial... I was really looking over the cars, and not the headlights.

as for the 10 cars, what are they?
Vette
Cobalt
Equinox
Colorado
Malibu Maxx
Aveo
SSR
....?
....?
....?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Jan 11 2004, 09:32 PM
5)For some strange reason, the sparks coming from under the ramp dissapear while the Colorado gets on it (which would normally lead to more "spark-ege").
Watched the commerical again-- I do notice slight sparkage while the Colorado is going on the carrier.

·
Registered
459 Posts
About the discrepancy with the lights, 90 percent of that driving was likely done at slow speed, after looking at the footage, it appears that the photovoltaic cell was probably activating the headlights while in the Warehouse and then switched off while outside, however the shot of it ridding on the back of the trailer just after loading it has its lights on again, but the outside ambient light is low enough that it would have likely turned them on by then. As for it having its parking lights on without the tail lamps on, I’m betting its using its parking lights as DRLs as the new Grand Prix does. As for the Aveo, you never get a shot of the front. From all the pictures I can find of it, it appears to have 5 lights on each side, and you never see a shot of it where more than 2 are visible... As for the rest of them, I don’t know…..I am too tired to go thru frame by frame anymore!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a Kick arse commercial, and Senor Pringle, I borke it down frame by frame, there are sparks, but when the Colorado's front wheels hit the ramp they stop. It would be for a split second if you didn't stop the frames... W/E who cares, it is a friggin awesome commercial aint it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 14 2004, 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 14 2004, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@Jan 12 2004, 03:50 AM
I came to the same conclusion about 2 things into the thread...

anyway, its still a kick arse commercial... I was really looking over the cars, and not the headlights.

as for the 10 cars, what are they?
Vette
Cobalt
Equinox
Colorado
Malibu Maxx
Aveo
SSR
....?
....?
....? [/b][/quote]
my 3 guesses.

The Uplander
The HHR
and....umm.....the next Camaro? :unsure:

Bullhooky! That is well more than the 10 cars in 20 month statement.

I haven't the foggests what the 10th could be.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I thought I heard about an updated and revised Impalla? Could that be #10 and make the malibu twins as 1? And are they really gunna make that HHR thing?... jesus...

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
There are the upcoming Silverado 1500 Crew and 3500 reg axle, as well as the 2005 Impala/MC (brought up to par with the Grand Prix), the HHR -will- be built, and the 2006 TrailBlazer SS has been confirmed in a sneaky way.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
From the commercial...Corvette, Aveo, Colorado, Equinox, Malibu Maxx, SSR....six.

Definitely the Cobalt and Uplander...seven and eight. The Malibu was last year. The HHR is at the edge of this window, but they're probably counting it....nine. The updated Impala is about 18 months away, so I can't see that falling into "this year." Perhaps they're counting the Cobalt sedan and coupe separately? Maybe they're counting the Cobalt SS as a distinct model from the coupe/sedan? As far as I can see, ten is a technicality (a version of an existing product).

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahhhh how I wish the mistery car #10 was a camaro. Id probbaly pass out. I remember hearing about an updated impalla coming in 05ish? But, I guess by 07, if and when it goes RWD, it would be a waste of money huh? But yeah, its probably just some version of another car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Malibu Maxx
Colorado
Aveo
SSR
Equinox
Uplander
Corvette
Cobalt
Impala
HHR

“Malibu Maxx begins Chevy's new product blitz

The all-new Malibu Maxx, which began production in December, begins a Chevrolet product blitz that will include the launch of 10 all-new products in just 20 months. Market launches for the new Colorado, Aveo and SSR begin in January 2004, followed later in the year by the Equinox compact utility vehicle, Uplander crossover sport van and the sixth-generation Corvette. A new premium small car, called Cobalt, will debut in the fourth quarter of 2004, followed in 2005 by a new Impala and the HHR, a crossover vehicle with a unique blend of Chevrolet style and versatility. These introductions will help ensure that Chevy continues to have the most complete lineup of cars and trucks in the industry.”

From GM’s Press Release:
Press Release

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Jan 15 2004, 05:36 PM
Malibu Maxx
Colorado
Aveo
SSR
Equinox
Uplander
Corvette
Cobalt
Impala
HHR

“Malibu Maxx begins Chevy's new product blitz

The all-new Malibu Maxx, which began production in December, begins a Chevrolet product blitz that will include the launch of 10 all-new products in just 20 months. Market launches for the new Colorado, Aveo and SSR begin in January 2004, followed later in the year by the Equinox compact utility vehicle, Uplander crossover sport van and the sixth-generation Corvette. A new premium small car, called Cobalt, will debut in the fourth quarter of 2004, followed in 2005 by a new Impala and the HHR, a crossover vehicle with a unique blend of Chevrolet style and versatility. These introductions will help ensure that Chevy continues to have the most complete lineup of cars and trucks in the industry.”

From GM’s Press Release:
Press Release
very cool. Anyone have pics of the impalla or is that on that BS embargo too?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts