GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by John Porretto

DETROIT -- Environmentally friendly cars may be hip, but souped-up V-8 engines are becoming more popular as Americans renew their love affair with horsepower.

Automakers installed eight-cylinder engines in 29.1 percent of passenger vehicles built in North America for the U.S. market last year, the highest rate since 1985, according to Ward's Automotive Reports. The rate has risen every year since 2000.

FULL STORY

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
hell, I know I want a V8... witha 6spd... 3.73 posi rear.... in a Camaro...pushing 400hp... melting tires at will..... orgasiming every time I hit WOT.... ok thats enough...

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
do people like USING power, or HAVING power? how many people really ever take advantage of the amount of power their vehicle has? i drive a pretty wimpy 4-cyl / 5-speed, but it's still quick enough to have a fun time with. while i sure would like a bit more power, i can't see myself spending more for a V8 vehicle just for the sake of more power. when would i use this power? i don't drag at every stoplight. i'm just curious what other people think.

(BTW, my first few questions really ARE questions, not statements with question marks!)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
You either feel it, or you dont. Personaly, not to have the feel of a powerful V8 is sad. I dont drag at every light, but just the feeling. Something that no(streetable) turbo 4 banger can ever give you. Only way to explain it. A big V8 gives the best satisfaction in the world outside of the bedroom.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 19 2004, 06:48 PM
You either feel it, or you dont. Personaly, not to have the feel of a powerful V8 is sad. I dont drag at every light, but just the feeling. Something that no(streetable) turbo 4 banger can ever give you. Only way to explain it. A big V8 gives the best satisfaction in the world outside of the bedroom.
hmmm... now that i think of it, i remember when i was learning to drive stick on my dad's '86 mustang gt cobra years ago... i do recall a rather nice feeling down there somewhere with the thrust of that V8... i think maybe i used to get IT, but have been tamed by economical FWD 4-bangers since then.

gotta go find something powerful to restore my manhood. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I agree... do people need it or do they just want to say and know that they have it. Don't get me wrong I love to have power behind my gas pedal and use it all the time. Especially missing my power now, I hit a deer and the TB is in the shop while I am driving around in a 97 Cavalier. But I fear everyone with there big ol engines will get burned if gas prices go up, or who knows maybe we will have a nother fuel crisis. For now lets just keep being the full blooded Amercians we are and get everything big and with lots of power!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Feb 20 2004, 03:18 PM
I agree... do people need it or do they just want to say and know that they have it. Don't get me wrong I love to have power behind my gas pedal and use it all the time. Especially missing my power now, I hit a deer and the TB is in the shop while I am driving around in a 97 Cavalier. But I fear everyone with there big ol engines will get burned if gas prices go up, or who knows maybe we will have a nother fuel crisis. For now lets just keep being the full blooded Amercians we are and get everything big and with lots of power!!!
:type: LGRpup ALL I Can Say to your Post is Amen....I owned a great 1982 Olds.Regency Brougham a few years ago! I Love The Larger Cars too...RoseLady Arkansas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.