GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Suzuki Revs Up Hispanic Marketing Pitch
aiada.org

Brea-based American Suzuki Motor Corp. is looking to lure more Hispanic buyers.

The automaker, part of Japan’s Suzuki Motor Corp., recently launched a Hispanic Web site as part of a larger bid to more than triple U.S. auto sales by 2007.

"As Suzuki continues to grow, we will continue to aggressively target the Hispanic market based on its demonstrated preference for Suzuki’s products and value," said Koichi Suzuki, president of the auto operations of American Suzuki.

The move is "an important part of Suzuki’s larger marketing initiative targeting buyers who demand value but don’t want to sacrifice style, power and amenities," Suzuki added.

The Web site includes details on Suzuki’s vehicle lineup, dealers, warranty and company history. It also lets potential buyers get price quotes and pick a Suzuki model’s color, trim and other options.

American Suzuki, known mainly for its speedy motorcycles, has ambitious auto plans.

It plans to launch six new models in the next four years. That’s in addition to three new autos it introduced this past year: the Verona midsize sedan, Forenza compact car and Reno sport utility vehicle, which will start selling in late 2004.

The new lineup is expected to help Suzuki reach its goal of selling 200,000 vehicles by 2007.

Full Article Here

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally realized that the Suzuki Reno is an Optra 5.

Interesting - Suzuki has the Forenza and Forenza wagon - but since the Optra 5 has a different look to the front Fascia it gets another name --- when essentially under the skin it is a Forenza 5-door hatch....

Maybe I'm wrong here - the image I picked up when I searched for Suzuki Reno was the image above, but it doesn' look much like an "SUV"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts