GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREA, Calif. (July 1, 2004) - Powered by an ambitious five-year growth plan, American Suzuki Motor Corporation once again achieved record-breaking sales, posting a 15 percent increase in June sales compared to the same month last year and a 23 percent increase in year-to-date sales, selling a total of 7,485 vehicles in June and 39,807 total vehicles this year.

Full Article Here

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
this is on the back of the GMDAT vehicles i assume. i wonder if GM is doing as well with the chevrolet versions. poor little suzuki is always hiding in the corner (in north america at least), but looks like they know what they're doing. perhaps smaller is better... maybe they're better situated to react to market changes. it's interesting that they can improve their fortunes so much when they don't offer much unique product.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Jul 2 2004, 02:02 PM
i wonder if GM is doing as well with the chevrolet versions.
As far as Central Europe sales are concerned the GM DAT vehicles sales are very low.I heard that in Canada there are many of them.But here in Poland I've seen barely two cars (one Aveo and one Lacetti)
First of all the taxes for used cars have decreased strongly and you can buy a two-year old good car for the price of an Aveo.Secondly every newspaper says that
those cars are in fact Daewoos,nobody wants to drive a Daewoo...

Korean Revolution :plasma:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Originally posted by powervette@Jul 2 2004, 03:05 PM
As far as Central Europe sales are concerned the GM DAT vehicles sales are very low...But here in Poland I've seen barely two cars (one Aveo and one Lacetti) First of all the taxes for used cars have decreased strongly and you can buy a two-year old good car for the price of an Aveo.Secondly every newspaper says that those cars are in fact Daewoos,nobody wants to drive a Daewoo...
I enjoy your central European perspective of the auto industry. It's challenging to appreciate the varied global faces of GM. While I have traveled to western European nations, I'm sure living there (as opposed to visiting there) lends a different understanding of the auto companies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts