GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE BUICK PARK AVENUE. Originally called the Elecktra, this large luxury sedan has been the flagship of the Buick brand for years. With luxuries and technologies that often times rivaled that of its platform-mate, the Cadillac Deville, the Park Avenue was one of the oldest and greatest luxury sedans ever produced. However, in the mid 200s, Buick executives started to loathe the word "old". Something had to be done. The Park Avenue was layed on the chopping block after 2005.

Enter the Buick Lucerne. The Lucerne, introduced in model year 2006, replaced both the large Park Avenue and the slightly smaller LeSabre. It was supposed to attract younger buyers to the Buick brand, with several new options, such as its available Northstar V8 engine, Magnetic Ride Control, five-passenger cabin, and others. However, the lack of luxuries that were carried over from the Park Avenue didn't attract any more buyers. And still, the Lucerne keeps chugging along.

With the recent import of the Commodore from GM's australian division Holden, and the upcoming import of the Commodore Ute, and the Canadian production of the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro, it is obvious that GM's new RWD Zeta platform is a go. However, in the plan, there were two other large sedans - one for Buick, and another for Cadillac. They were both planned to be based off of the Holden Statesman, a long-wheelbase luxury sedan.

The Park Avenue is reborn! Available in three trims - CXL, CXS and Ultra, the new Park Avenue exhibits styling that was recently presented on Buick's Velite and Riviera concepts, and the Buick Enclave crossover. The Park Avenue delivers luxury, roominess, comfort, and especially quietness, while still being able to lay low to those who want a luxury sedan on a budget.

May I present:

Comments?
Criticisms?
Smart remarks?
Lay 'em on me. :D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
oooh...i like this. the body kit that runs around the ground is very elegant...the overall car gives me a maybach vibe, which isn't a bad thing at all for a buick to radiate. the only suggestion i might toss in is look for something around the house that's a perfect circle and will fit your drawing. i think if you could straighten out some lines, perfect those ellipses, and maybe add some shading, you'd have a perfect RWD buick. nice!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
oo nice, fits well with your Aurora. but

that line that goes around the car.just above the fog lights..is that a piece of molding or is it to show a change of shape in the car..such as the bottom underneath that line is wider all the way around.

also, the B pillar where the two doors meet..leave just three lines..erase the two outter ones.

but besides that i like it..i see you've already fixed the back end from your previous car and brought it onto this.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
American_Muscle said:
oo nice, fits well with your Aurora. but

that line that goes around the car.just above the fog lights..is that a piece of molding or is it to show a change of shape in the car..such as the bottom underneath that line is wider all the way around.
The little line that goes around the car came from the Enclave (the small chrome trim on the door panels of the car), I just gave it more definition by extending it around the sides of the car. The line under the foglamp is the actual molding.

also, the B pillar where the two doors meet..leave just three lines..erase the two outter ones.
Ah, but that's the front seat! You wouldn't want to sit on the floor and drive now would you? :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The little line that goes around the car came from the Enclave (the small chrome trim on the door panels of the car), I just gave it more definition by extending it around the sides of the car. The line under the foglamp is the actual molding.

Ah, but that's the front seat! You wouldn't want to sit on the floor and drive now would you? :)
oo gotcha

haha it never occurred to me that its the front seat, i retract my previous suggestion. Do you draw these all free handed?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oo gotcha

haha it never occurred to me that its the front seat, i retract my previous suggestion. Do you draw these all free handed?
To be honest, I based my first drawing on a side profile of a Holden VE Calais, to get wheel height, width, and wheelbase length. From then on, to get wheelbases, I traced from one of my other drawings, in this case, my AURORA.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
To be honest, I based my first drawing on a side profile of a Holden VE Calais, to get wheel height, width, and wheelbase length. From then on, to get wheelbases, I traced from one of my other drawings, in this case, my AURORA.
o ok, thats what i do occasionally (trace the wheelbase or other aspects of previous cars) it really gives you a solid starting point. But what i was getting at is you could always use a straight edge to draw the straight lines (mainly the horizontal ones), makes em a little crisper and might help with the appearance of it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts