GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read Edmunds' review of the Volvo XC60. It piqued my interests, so I designed Saturn a new VUE to compete against it. Wait, what? :eek:

Yes, yes, I designed this VUE to compete with the XC60 for less dough. I have to say, it turned out quite nicely.

Based on the Theta-II platform, the new VUE shares various components with the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain. However, other components come from the premium Theta-Epsilon platform shared by Cadillac, SAAB, and Buick. That makes the VUE the most luxurious of the regular Theta II platform.

Three engines, four trims to start - 1.5L Turbocharged 4 DI (195hp), 1.5L Turbo DI4 + 2mode hybrid system (225hp), and 3.6L DIV6 (305hp); split into Value, Natural, Greenline, and Luxury. Available Safety equipment includes a rear backup camera, blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, and dynamic cruise control.

May I present...

Comments? :cool:

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I really like that. However it looks a little too close to the ground.

·
Registered
628 Posts
IMHO, It doesn't deviate from the norm of this market or the current model enough.

If it is going to be a new model its looks should make this one seem dated, and although I think it looks nice it may be a little too risk averse and too similar to the current market condenders. I'd like to see a little more insanity or at least individuality in its design.
Keep it up....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I like it, it goes well with your Saturn theme. I especially like how it looks lower to the ground. What kind of a price range were you thinking I would say $25-35K. Your saturn line follows all of the ideas that I have for Saturn. I just wish GM would market as a premium brand, the Aura is a start, however it is still below the Camry by like $2500. Great Job!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Astra RL said:
What kind of a price range were you thinking I would say $25-35K.
Slightly higher than the current model - Base FWD Value starting at about $23,500; Typically-equipped FWD GL at about $30,000; and a fully-loaded AWD Luxury hitting at about $34,000.

Joe88 said:
IMHO, It doesn't deviate from the norm of this market or the current model enough.
Really? How so? I personally think it looks a lot better than the VW Tiguan...

FenwickHockey65 said:
I think someone needs a job application at GM...I'd happily pay for that.
WOW, I'm flattered! Automobile Design is, in fact, one of three careers I'm considering. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts