GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,764 Posts

·
Registered
21,389 Posts
I'm in the office (like an animal), looked at the video with the sound off - I probably missed something important/context. With that said, I'm going by what I saw - the drawings look strong and aggressive, the clay mockup looks as bland and boring as most Japanese vehicles - blah.

Maybe because the clay model isn't in focus we are losing the details, but I'm seeing bland. The swept back front fascia in the drawing is now upright, the strong character line going the length of the vehicle and gives it "strength" looks mostly rounded in the blurry shot. In other words, normal from what we see from most manufacturers - swoopy artist designs translated to mainstream boring in reality.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Range rover evoque

Love it, especially the (traditional) charge door, hopefully it has a Frunk!

·
Premium Member
36,959 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,959 Posts
Environmentally neutral attempts at portraying movement and flow, I'd guess.

Also, please quit trying to sneak foul language onto the site. I am very easily offended.
Krikey, I wondered if the Univac Censor would think that was a naughty word. How about Alfred Hitchdingdong's The Birds?

·
Registered
21,389 Posts
Environmentally neutral attempts at portraying movement and flow, I'd guess.

Also, please quit trying to sneak foul language onto the site. I am very easily offended.
you should have said "fowl" language since we are speaking of birds. Hahahaaa - see what I did there?! :D :D :D My mom is very proud of how clever I am.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,008 Posts
I'm in the office (like an animal), looked at the video with the sound off - I probably missed something important/context. With that said, I'm going by what I saw - the drawings look strong and aggressive, the clay mockup looks as bland and boring as most Japanese vehicles - blah.

Maybe because the clay model isn't in focus we are losing the details, but I'm seeing bland. The swept back front fascia in the drawing is now upright, the strong character line going the length of the vehicle and gives it "strength" looks mostly rounded in the blurry shot. In other words, normal from what we see from most manufacturers - swoopy artist designs translated to mainstream boring in reality.

View attachment 66905
Funny but I was just watching the video and was on a similar track. These designers love that tall body low roof no windows to see out of thing and way over-sized wheels and tires... Almost like they wanna do a ?shooting brake? but get reeled in.

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
I doubt it will have a frunk, for the same reasons as the Blazer EV and Lyriq, for faster charging speeds there is a much larger on board charger that doesn't allow for a frunk.
It was a joke, but man "what if"?

Funny but I was just watching the video and was on a similar track. These designers love that tall body low roof no windows to see out of thing and way over-sized wheels and tires... Almost like they wanna do a ?shooting brake? but get reeled in.
I don't know, but I suspect many of the hard-points are fixed, keeps the R&D cost to a minimum.

Reactions: gkr778
1 - 20 of 23 Posts