GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: All New Ford Performance Vehicles Range Is Here!

question
Would you guys miss the bonnet bulges if the 3.5v6 and 5.0v8 don't require them?
or would you want Ford to keep them without needing them?
Nah ditch them.

Its the same as the last generation Monaro, I much prefer them without the bonnet scoops. I'm sure there are many that liked them though.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts

I knew the scoops and revised Monaro fascia were coming with VZ so I deliberately bought a SIII to avoid them - that and 'Eric the 'alf a boot'.

To continue the Monty Python theme; 'Blessed are the Big Noses'.

I know it revitalised the Monaro in the market and many younger guys especially bought them to get the scoops, so it worked for some people. I just think they served no purpose and detracted from the car, but I guess I'm a geezer so my opinion don't count. I feel the same about the Ford bonnet bulge. Not needed for the six, shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

question
Would you guys miss the bonnet bulges if the 3.5v6 and 5.0v8 don't require them?
or would you want Ford to keep them without needing them?
I would definitly miss them .... gives a very nice aggressive look. But on the other hand I'd hate a bulge being there knowing its for no reason.

But if theres no bulge, I'd like to see a shaker or something,

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts

Yes, it does suck that it's based on the Focus. The front end, though nice, looks very RX-8 derivative with fg-esque [sic] head lights. The rear end isn't that flash either.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts

At 'Fountain Gate' shopping centre tonight (really Southland - we saw 'Ironman' the other night in Gold Class with 'Kel Knight') they had FGs. I walked aound them and the smaller panel gaps look much better. I hate the insides, though. Rear seat has nowhere near the room of a VE - looks as small as a Camry.

I couldn't work out why they looked so familiar - from above on the escalaotr, they look like Honda Accords! I also thought the XR6 which was in almost the exact same green as the Ute in the Ute Evolution ad is a bit cheeky. Mind you, it looks miles better than that caterpillar-guts green on XRs in 2003.

Like the pale blue they bought out that mimicked Impulse in 2005 when it was a Holden hero colour, and the ocean blue that looked like Barbados when it was the most popular Holden colour on VZ in 2006.

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

Ford's biggest problem is without the blue oval they look more like a Japanese car. No hang on a sec, I've worked out what they look like!

(Someone in Australia does like the Epica!):lmao::lmao:

I'm only half joking - the side view roofline and rear end look alarmingly similar....

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

At 'Fountain Gate' shopping centre tonight (really Southland - we saw 'Ironman' the other night in Gold Class with 'Kel Knight') they had FGs. I walked aound them and the smaller panel gaps look much better. I hate the insides, though. Rear seat has nowhere near the room of a VE - looks as small as a Camry.

I couldn't work out why they looked so familiar - from above on the escalaotr, they look like Honda Accords! I also thought the XR6 which was in almost the exact same green as the Ute in the Ute Evolution ad is a bit cheeky. Mind you, it looks miles better than that caterpillar-guts green on XRs in 2003.

Like the pale blue they bought out that mimicked Impulse in 2005 when it was a Holden hero colour, and the ocean blue that looked like Barbados when it was the most popular Holden colour on VZ in 2006.

Ford's biggest problem is without the blue oval they look more like a Japanese car. No hang on a sec, I've worked out what they look like!

I'm only half joking - the side view roofline and rear end look alarmingly similar....

:lmao:nice...

'People in glass house's shouldn't throw stone's'

·
Registered
675 Posts

I knew the scoops and revised Monaro fascia were coming with VZ so I deliberately bought a SIII to avoid them - that and 'Eric the 'alf a boot'.

To continue the Monty Python theme; 'Blessed are the Big Noses'.

I know it revitalised the Monaro in the market and many younger guys especially bought them to get the scoops, so it worked for some people. I just think they served no purpose and detracted from the car, but I guess I'm a geezer so my opinion don't count. I feel the same about the Ford bonnet bulge. Not needed for the six, shouldn't be there.
The original Monaro coupe in the late 90s was really nice. A beautiful line ran down it. It was definitely a masterpiece. But my favourite all-time Monaro I'd have to say was the CV8-Z. I love the bonnet scoops, they gave a touch of aggression and added a styling element that made the previous Monaro look slightly bland. The alloys with 'CV8-Z' engravings on them are a nice touch to, but from experience, i know that some people hate them. The copper colour was nice, but I wouldn't buy one. The baby blue had my name on it, just made it look so nice.

As for the new Capri, it looks pretty nice, just a few areas that need a tocuh up. The new FPV's look pretty nice, but the 'racoon eyes' keep making me think they're just copying the HSV's. My favourite is the GT-E, that is a work of art, definitely a Senator rival. Very nice. And why did Ford put the black alloys back on the F6, I loved the Lamborghini-esque alloys from the last BFII gen F6 Typhoon. but black accents seems to be FPV's thing now.

·
Registered
713 Posts

At the motorshow walking around them and then moving to suburu not long after, I went back again to look, In my eyes i see plenty of Liberty in mostly the rear.

But that capri, IS it trying to be a RX-8 ?.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts

I wonder if those hearse makers still do two door falcons? :D

;)
sweet lord this could make for a new Cougar:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

FPV To Put F6 On Ice

James Stanford
27 May 2008
www.goauto.com.au

Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) will be without its series-leading turbocharged F6 model from mid-2010.

The tuning house has just launched the storming new F6 turbo, which sets new standards in Australian six-cylinder performance, belting out 310kW and 565Nm from just 1950rpm.

Ford Australia will cease production of its Geelong-built inline six-cylinder which FPV uses as a basis for its F6 powerplant just before the Euro IV emissions standard comes into force in July 2010.

A senior FPV source has told GoAuto that FPV will not have a replacement engine ready by the time production of the Australian I6 winds-up.

The lack of a replacement engine means the F6 model will be put on ice. Asked whether FPV would stockpile some I6-powered F6 cars before production ceased, the source said: “No, when it’s over, it’s over.”

Click here to continue article

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Now that is a great way to generate some orders. If this is the last F6, collectors will be clammering all over themselves to ensure they get the last of the Aussie engined muscle cars (and at this stage the fastest).

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tell you what this does, Makes some pretty heavy shoes to fill when the V6 comes out.

If the new V6 doesn't live up to the I6T and you will have to say it probably won't, It's going to have a hard start to it's life.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
IMO they should use the twinforce name for the I6 replacement since that engine can do about 415hp

·
Registered
628 Posts
I know we're talking FPV here, but, the G6 E Turbo has won me over... 5.1seconds (according to Wheels magazine) 0-100 (62ish m/h) from a car that's around AU $56,000... I mean shop around for a car that looks as good, has things like a reversing camera, 6 Speed ZF, leather and so on for under even $150 000.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts