GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: All New Ford Performance Vehicles Range Is Here!

GTE is the pick of the bunch, Have to agree with Aych Es Vee there.

F6 is really the all go car in the FPV line up. It doesn't have the cleaner subtle looks of the GTE like the Senator has on it's other models, But it looks much better.

I don't believe the so called power war claim as not being on. It's game on i think the F6 is proof of this. No more space given to the V8 FPV's they just stomped on it's head!.

This is not a power war – it’s not about a badge on a boot
:D..

Or the numbers on the bonnet:D. Or a numbers on the back door:D.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: All New Ford Performance Vehicles Range Is Here!

At 'Fountain Gate' shopping centre tonight (really Southland - we saw 'Ironman' the other night in Gold Class with 'Kel Knight') they had FGs. I walked aound them and the smaller panel gaps look much better. I hate the insides, though. Rear seat has nowhere near the room of a VE - looks as small as a Camry.

I couldn't work out why they looked so familiar - from above on the escalaotr, they look like Honda Accords! I also thought the XR6 which was in almost the exact same green as the Ute in the Ute Evolution ad is a bit cheeky. Mind you, it looks miles better than that caterpillar-guts green on XRs in 2003.

Like the pale blue they bought out that mimicked Impulse in 2005 when it was a Holden hero colour, and the ocean blue that looked like Barbados when it was the most popular Holden colour on VZ in 2006.

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

Ford's biggest problem is without the blue oval they look more like a Japanese car. No hang on a sec, I've worked out what they look like!

(Someone in Australia does like the Epica!):lmao::lmao:

I'm only half joking - the side view roofline and rear end look alarmingly similar....
At the motorshow walking around them and then moving to suburu not long after, I went back again to look, In my eyes i see plenty of Liberty in mostly the rear.

But that capri, IS it trying to be a RX-8 ?.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tell you what this does, Makes some pretty heavy shoes to fill when the V6 comes out.

If the new V6 doesn't live up to the I6T and you will have to say it probably won't, It's going to have a hard start to it's life.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I read that myself, The new Turbo V6 will be on ice.

But i was looking in Motor i think it was, Tested the F6.. And only got 5.2 0-100..
But done a 13.3 1/4..
Now 13.3 that's moving, But 5.2 is about XR6T times.. Don't know how they run times but they never seem to match others?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts