GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Re: All New Ford Performance Vehicles Range Is Here!

Not for this little black duck. They've taken awkward styling and made it worse to my eyes. Mondeo meets 'Once Were Warriors'. Not in a good way.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts

I knew the scoops and revised Monaro fascia were coming with VZ so I deliberately bought a SIII to avoid them - that and 'Eric the 'alf a boot'.

To continue the Monty Python theme; 'Blessed are the Big Noses'.

I know it revitalised the Monaro in the market and many younger guys especially bought them to get the scoops, so it worked for some people. I just think they served no purpose and detracted from the car, but I guess I'm a geezer so my opinion don't count. I feel the same about the Ford bonnet bulge. Not needed for the six, shouldn't be there.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts

At 'Fountain Gate' shopping centre tonight (really Southland - we saw 'Ironman' the other night in Gold Class with 'Kel Knight') they had FGs. I walked aound them and the smaller panel gaps look much better. I hate the insides, though. Rear seat has nowhere near the room of a VE - looks as small as a Camry.

I couldn't work out why they looked so familiar - from above on the escalaotr, they look like Honda Accords! I also thought the XR6 which was in almost the exact same green as the Ute in the Ute Evolution ad is a bit cheeky. Mind you, it looks miles better than that caterpillar-guts green on XRs in 2003.

Like the pale blue they bought out that mimicked Impulse in 2005 when it was a Holden hero colour, and the ocean blue that looked like Barbados when it was the most popular Holden colour on VZ in 2006.

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

Ford's biggest problem is without the blue oval they look more like a Japanese car. No hang on a sec, I've worked out what they look like!

(Someone in Australia does like the Epica!):lmao::lmao:

I'm only half joking - the side view roofline and rear end look alarmingly similar....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts