GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's for GrandPrix08 (Oh, man, I don't mean to put SO much pressure on you), but this an example of the future I believe Pontiac should have.

My Pontiac's styling is an improved version of various 2005 models (Grand Am, Bonneville, and Grand Prix), with smooth curves and in-your-face, coupe-like styling.

All Pontiacs in my lineup are FWD-based (save for the Solstice), but have AWD as their only option. My Pontiacs are most competitive with Nissans, and Mazdas.

This one's one of my 'traditional' side-profile drawings. It's based off of my Chevrolet Lumina and Saturn VISTA drawings.

Comments? :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HoosierRon said:
The rear bumper is a huge improvement over the diaper-full-of-poop Lumina's rear.
Yeah, I have revised the front/rear since the Lumina was first drawn - I just didn't feel like posting it... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Did you try not making the rear door stop over the rear wheel well? As in swooping down in front of it like the G8's?
I don't know, I just think it'd look better that way.
Looks good though.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I would like to see something different from you. Every single ep. II you draw always looks similar, with a few minor changes, HOWEVER: I actually like this one. It looks very different, especially the back end. I like where you went with this one. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I understand that because you are basing each of these cars on the same platform, you want to keep many fundamental elements of the car the same. That's wise. But looking at the similarities between most modern platform mates, I've seen that platforms are no longer so immutable, and that you can change more than just some sheetmetal. Nowadays it's okay to change the greenhouse shape, the windows, the beltline, the deck- and boot-lid lines, etc.

Another thing; when you go do draw a car at a 3/4 view or some other view, you've got far more to design than just the side of the car. Certain differences in form come up, not to mention you've got the opportunity to display a whole lot more about the front or the back. You did a pretty good job last time!

Also I'm looking at comparative cars seen at the same angle as you're drawing them, and I think a few of your features could benefit from checking out the proportions. For instance your door handles should be a little smaller, as should the thickness of your roof/top of the door.

I know I'm only saying bad things, but it's not because your drawings are bad. They're good, I just wanna help get your potential developed, because I think you've got a lot.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
newdude said:
I would like to see something different from you. Every single ep. II you draw always looks similar, with a few minor changes...
Yeah, I understand. I usually draw vehicles on the same platform, then release them one after another. In the LWB EPII's case, that's six - four sedans and two wagons. I am planning something different though - but that's another story.

Zulehan said:
Another thing; when you go do draw a car at a 3/4 view or some other view, you've got far more to design than just the side of the car.
I understand also - I actually drew this one before I drew the 3/4 of the VISTA.

-

I just have a technique and stick to it - draw the profile first, then work from there. It gives me a preview of the shape and proportions of the car I'm trying to do a 3/4 of.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just have a technique and stick to it - draw the profile first, then work from there. It gives me a preview of the shape and proportions of the car I'm trying to do a 3/4 of.
That's understandable. Good that you put that much preparation and thought into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts