GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
everyone seems to neglect the 3rd generation. in 87' they introduced the GTA, with a 5.7 litre V8 and WS6 suspension (although 350ci's were rare that year)...it kept up with the vette that year (and the IROC) in every way. dont be dissin the 3rd generation...

·
Registered
95 Posts
69-75, 79-81, 87-up, more or less equally

the 67-68's and 76-78's aren't bad, but I don't like the styling as much. The early 3rd gen's are pretty light and have lots of potential, but stock for stock, the later cars are better. If I was going to build a racecar, I'd probably get one of them to build.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I owned both a gen 3 and gen 4 firebird. By gen 4, it seemed that Pontiac was 'reaching' for style, exaggerating the lines all over that car, especially on the nose.

Neither was the most reliable or fun-to-drive car I've owned, so I don't miss them a bit.

I like generation 1 ... the body style was simpler and cleaner. The car was a better 'pony car' shape than the wedges that followed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just give me the Bandit's car B) I've always loved the 98-02 because they looked so mean. You could tell that it is a car that is powerful. My dad owned a 67 Firebird a few years back so I can appreciate them also.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.