GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Wuss era eh? Thats why the 2 of the 3 fastest fbirds ever were third gens....but Ill let it slide since you knew that.
Third gens have better handling then a 4th gen, and offerd near Vette performance for its time... actualy, in 85 and 86 the IROC outhandled the Vette on the skid pad so Im sure a WS6 bird could do the same.
IMO, nothing got better then the first gen. Then Id say late third gen with the TTA, and Firehawks. Then I would go with the 4th gen TA's. then early 2nd, early third, and late 2nd. I think that the late 2nd gen birds are becoming more and more popular.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by actionjack+May 29 2004, 01:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (actionjack @ May 29 2004, 01:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@May 28 2004, 03:08 AM
Third gens have better handling then a 4th gen, and offerd near Vette performance for its time... actualy, in 85 and 86 the IROC outhandled the Vette on the skid pad so Im sure a WS6 bird could do the same.   
3rd gen better handling????

I have seen the 4th gen 98 to 02 do .84 to .88 g and their breakingis 60 to 0 in like 121 ft. When did the 3rd gen handle that well?

Just curious why you feel the 3rd gen handles better... [/b][/quote]
Try .92 in the IROC... Lighter and lower to the ground then the 4th gen. Thats how I "feel" that third gens handle better. Just because you think of them as junk or "wuss" cars doesnt mean that they arent good cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.