Registered
815 Posts
Another cool link for any LS1

ls1tech

·
Registered
815 Posts
IMO

The 4th generation ruled. The LS1 put the F-Body where it belonged, at the top of the pony cars. It held reign over the Mustang for all the LS1 years. It also had the best performance suspension ever and the power in the car is immense with plenty of room for growth. (EX: 0 to 60 in 5.0 seconds, 1/4 in 13.1 sec @ 106, the slalom at 66 mph, and pushing .84 to .88 g, with stopping 60 to 0 of 121) Any wonder I love this car!

The 4th generation was next to the vette, closer than it probably ever was. And because of this GM may have tried to diminish it in the eyes of it's customers to protect their Icon "Corvette".

If I had to choose a 2nd it would be the 1st generation for styling and the fact that their performance and power was probably better than the 2nd and 3rd generation gas saving (wuss era) cars.

That is IMO. B)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@May 28 2004, 03:08 AM
Third gens have better handling then a 4th gen, and offerd near Vette performance for its time... actualy, in 85 and 86 the IROC outhandled the Vette on the skid pad so Im sure a WS6 bird could do the same.   
3rd gen better handling????

I have seen the 4th gen 98 to 02 do .84 to .88 g and their breakingis 60 to 0 in like 121 ft. When did the 3rd gen handle that well?

Just curious why you feel the 3rd gen handles better...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.