GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
We'll have to wait for a photographer with a wider lens before we'll be able to get all of the "Special Edition" Mustangs into one frame though.
QFT.

And I don't see all that much different on these Mustangs from the current ones. I see a slight change in the interior, but the exterior seems to be largely the same...

I guess the truth is under the camo.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
QFT.

And I don't see all that much different on these Mustangs from the current ones. I see a slight change in the interior, but the exterior seems to be largely the same...

Not a single visible panel inside or out has been carried over from the previous model... only the general shape remains.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Also think the front lower lip on GT and V6 are different. Because before i think the only differennce was the lights in the grill on the GT. The Shelby looks very similar, which isnt a bad thing.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
You've got to admit, it does look like you could bolt the doors and fenders from a 2010 onto an '09. I do like what I'm seeing though.
Yes, you can, because the sub-structure is largely carried over, albeit strengthened and tuned.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Man I'm liking the revisions they did to the front end. Looks pretty mean in GT and GT500 form.

Absolutely can't wait to see a GT next to a Camaro SS and Challenger R/T.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
QFT.

Common with retro cars. Hopefully the Mustang can pull a 911 and continue on getting little styling changes and just slowly evolving.

That said, the 911 is in a different league than the Mustang. It's not a volume seller. If the Mustang can't follow the same sort of path as the 911 than it could face dropping sales and become the next PT Cruiser. That's assuming Ford wouldn't find the dangly bits between their legs and redesign the Stang, giving up the whole retro thing.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
^ imho it's not either/or

The refinement approach is the right one for Now.

(and a part of the "natural product cycle" we haven't seen much of with the old launch it & forget it [email protected])

When the Global Rwd Mustang comes out in a very few years, it can start a new sequence of design...
which will go thru MCE's of refinement until the gen-after-that comes out
and the cycle starts again

·
Registered
928 Posts
Common with retro cars. Hopefully the Mustang can pull a 911 and continue on getting little styling changes and just slowly evolving.

That said, the 911 is in a different league than the Mustang. It's not a volume seller. If the Mustang can't follow the same sort of path as the 911 than it could face dropping sales and become the next PT Cruiser. That's assuming Ford wouldn't find the dangly bits between their legs and redesign the Stang, giving up the whole retro thing.
Yeah i always wonder how the retro look ages after about 5 years. I guess technically this design will be 5 years old next year even with an update and could become too familier looking. The Challanger and Camaro could easily have this happen to them too. Particuarily the Dodge.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
How many wheels do those Tractor-Trailers have?!?!...It's mind boggling.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was on my way to a wedding in troy michigan this past weekend and came up on the convoy. There was a gt up front with a cobra at the rear and in the middle two cars that I couldnt even figure what they were, they were pretty small, focus size kinda. i took some pictures but accidentally deleted a good shot from the side of the convoy. All I have is a nose shot of the gt. They looked pretty good, I like how they narrowed down the front end and gave the quarter panels some character.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts