GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford F-150, meanwhile, claimed another in a string of "best-of" trophies. The '04 full-sized pickup was named Canadian Truck of the Year by the Automotive Journalists Association of Canada, while Car of the Year honors were bestowed upon the Mazda3. Now in its 19th year, the AJAC awards program is the result of balloting by 50 Canadian journalists who first choose the best vehicles in 10 separate categories. Along with the top trophies, the Wednesday ceremony pronounced the Chrysler Crossfire the year's best design, with the new active steering system on the BMW 5-Series chosen as best new technology.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Remember what a pounding the F-150 took when it got poor crash test results a couple of years ago - and the press was eager to report how well Toyota did?

This F-150 scored the best results of any pickup ever, and yet I hear nothing from the mainstream media about it. <_<

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ming, I agree. Domestics are much improved in pretty much every way these days but without the same credibility those other guys get.

It would seem to me that this is the same problem that continues to propetuate domestic vehicle's bad rep. but thats just my peon oppinion.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If the domestics got fair and equal coverage in the automotive press, then the general public might actually realize that imports aren't that great. But for the most part, the public is going to have to be educated the hard way - one by one, when they sit down in a brand new Chevy, Pontiac, or Ford for a test drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts