1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Holden Special Vehicles Commemorate 40 Years Of GTS & Revisit SV88

Holden Special Vehicles
9 October 2008
www.hsv.com.au

Holden Special Vehicles have launched two new models at this year s Australian International Motor Show, in addition to revealing the ClubSport R8 Tourer and W427 Showcar to a Sydney audience for the very first time.

We re celebrating 40 years of GTS with a special commemorative model as well as unveiling a Senator Signature SV08, Managing Director of Holden Special Vehicles Phil Harding said.

The SV08 introduces the new TR6060 manual gearbox to our range, which will become standard across the HSV model line-up later this month.

I am also delighted to have the W427 Showcar and all-new ClubSport R8 Tourer at the Show for the very first time.

HSV has also revealed it is investing heavily in research and development to identify new fuel saving technologies to introduce to Australia s luxury and high performance car company.

Our customers expect us to be at the cutting edge of new technologies, Phil Harding said.

While demand for our product still remains strong, HSV is committed to exploring alternative fuel technologies and powertrain concepts that will keep our company at the forefront of performance motoring in this country.

HSV GTS

40 years of GTS HSV is commemorating 40 years of the first Australian Gran Turismo Sportivo (GTS) with the release of a limited edition GTS.

First appearing on a HK Monaro in 1968, the GTS nameplate has been part of the HSV lexicon since its return to the market in 1992 in the form of the 200kW VP GTS and has since been the hero car-line for the high performance car company.

To commemorate 40 years of GTS, just 100 specially released models will be built, featuring black heritage stripes, tyre pressure monitors and a commemorative '40 years of GTS' logo embedded on the headrest, brake calliper, sill plate and rear panel of the model.

Priced from $80,170, 40 years of GTS is available in Sting Red and Heron White only.

Senator Signature SV08

Twenty years on from the SV88, Holden Special Vehicles has released a limited run of 50 HSV Senator Signature SV08s. Production is limited to 20 manual and 30 automatic Senator SV08 models priced from $82,700.

The luxury SV08 receives exclusive lower paint-outs, sill plates and additional chrome accenting on the side mirrors and door handles. The 20 inch Pentagon wheel is standard on this model.

The manual SV08 receives the new Tremec TR6060 gearbox and colour options are Nitrate (Silver), Sting Red and Voodoo (Blue).

·
Registered
561 Posts
Re: AIMS: HSV Unveils 40th Anniversary GTS & 20th Anniversary Senator Signature SV08

YAY!! MANUAL SENATOR!!! STING RED TOO!!!

whats with the "lower paint out"? i know they come standard with the black skirting, but pretty sure its always been a factory option to get it all colourcoded.... the pic shows the 2-tone though.......

edit: looks like its actually a painted black now, not just a matt/raw finish.... phew!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Re: AIMS: HSV Launches 40th Anniversary GTS & 20th Anniversary Senator Signature SV08

I'm really disappointed that mrs. mak continuously refuses to wear that outfit.^^^
You should be more disappointed she's not going for the Commodore Sportwagon...........;)

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Re: AIMS: HSV Launches 40th Anniversary GTS & 20th Anniversary Senator Signature SV08

I'm really disappointed that mrs. mak continuously refuses to wear that outfit.^^^
Well if Mrs Mak comes home and is wearing that outfit and driving that Monaro I think we might hear about it...eventually... after your heart settles down.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: AIMS: HSV Unveils 40th Anniversary GTS & 20th Anniversary Senator Signature SV08

If Mrs. Mak were to come home in that outfit I don't think it's MikMak's heart that will need settling!

But ah, back to the cars - Nothing groundbreak but the 40th anniversary GTS looks sweet, shame they didn't bring back some original Monaro colours for it though. The SV08 could be better, why do HSV persist with that hideous looking two-tone treatment for the Senator? I cheered when Holden finally dropped two-tone paint on Calais and Statesman earlier this decade, and I even spent a small fortune removing from my VS. Why the hell do HSV think this is a good idea? At launch they said something about it lowering the cars visual center, but guess what, it doesn't!

Okay I'm gunna lie down now before I blow a gasket. End rant.

·
Registered
286 Posts

The two-tone paint on the Senator and VS Calais isn't that bad, at least it's only low on the bodywork. You should have seen my old VR Calais, it was like they'd gotten halfway up the body and then run out of paint. I had white/grey, but felt I was a lot better off than the guys with green/grey, or worse burgundy/grey.

GTS looks ok with the stripe, it could have done with a slightly changed front clip to differentiate it a bit more though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts