·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM tries to keep Equinox sales strong while the next generations looms
www.gminsidenews.com
February 6, 2015
By: Mark Bono

The second generation Chevrolet Equinox was introduced back in 2009 as a 2010 model year. Since then, the Equinox has been a huge hit for GM. Despite being on the market for close to six years now, its sales have remained strong. Just last month Equinox sales improved 34% over January 2014 sales making it the highest number of sales for the model in the month of January. It was the second best selling model in Chevy's portfolio( only behind the Silverado). Chevy is currently preparing the third-generation ( and rumored to be smaller) Equinox. In order to keep the current model fresh while we await the next generation model, Chevy will be giving the current model a mild refresh for 2016.

Ahead of the refreshed models unveiling of the refresh at the Chicago Auto show next week, Chevy has released an image teasing the Equinox's freshened up look. While it doesn't reveal much, it does appear the headlights have been squared off compared to the current rounded design. Much like the Cruze refresh last year, Chevy is adding a row of LED lights above the fog lamps as well to further improve the visual lighting appearance of the Equinox's front end. We can only assume the grille will also see a mild change as well going off the Cruze's refresh.

The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox will be unveiled next week on February 12th.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It looks like they added 1st gen Volt-like fog lamp nacelles and 2nd Gen Volt-like headlight divisions (that honey-comb-ish look). The fogs housings also look refreshed Cruze-like. I hope this looks good when we see the zoom-out.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I am amazed at the staying power of this vehicle.

Perhaps the best indication of market strength is the current Equinox cash incentive now in effect at your local Chevy dealer: $ 250.00. (Not a typo).
Like my Terrain, a hugely popular feature is the 8" rear seat travel fore and aft that makes for incredible rear legroom.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Stunning!!!

Reactions: SVTKAR3

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I am amazed at the staying power of this vehicle.

Perhaps the best indication of market strength is the current Equinox cash incentive now in effect at your local Chevy dealer: $ 250.00. (Not a typo).
I own one, I can tell you, This vehicle punches above its weight in so many ways, its a proper Chevrolet, and looks great doing it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
So long as it doesn't look anything like the Bolt concept.

Loving the wheels. But the individual dot LED DRLs need to stop. They have a Pep Boys feel to them.

Audi brought that look onto the scene like 10 years ago and it was cool. But not any more. Everybody seems to be doing on solid strip and it looks much nicer.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
So long as it doesn't look anything like the Bolt concept.

Loving the wheels. But the individual dot LED DRLs need to stop. They have a Pep Boys feel to them.

Audi brought that look onto the scene like 10 years ago and it was cool. But not any more. Everybody seems to be doing on solid strip and it looks much nicer.
I guess that depends on what your definition of "everybody" is.

I do agree that the solid strip looks nicer.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i hope the next generation is not smaller than this, i find my 2012 Equinox to be too small.

I just hope they ditch the 2.4 engine for something newer like the 2.5 engine. i find the 2.4 in my car to be noisey for a modern engine. its noisier than my 2004 monte carlo with the 3400 v6. i actually took it to the dealer twice to make sure nothing was wrong with it. otherwise its a pretty good car.

Reactions: EcoBustier69
1 - 20 of 81 Posts