GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought another K2 today. This time a fire red 2015 Sierra Crew Cab. It's an SLT with the heated leather bench, front and rear sensors, rear view cam, intellilink, 6" step rails, LED bed lighting, power slider, 5.3, Wi-Fi hotspot, 20's, etc. Not as nice as my High Country, but definitely still a very nice truck. Drove 120 miles home doing 80 MPH talking on the phone most of the way and I am still amazed by how quite these new trucks are.

Pics for now. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. I'll take some better pics in the daylight tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool... Looks great! The dealers around here don't stock very many red trucks. I don't think I've seen a Sierra SLT in red before now...

Best wishes! :)
Fire engine red wasn't my first choice, but with the deal I got I can't complain.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
In what ways does it lack compared to your HC? - And what kind of deal did you get?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Very nice. Just out of curiosity, why do you own so many of them? Are they work trucks?? Couldn't imagine putting anything in the bed of a High Country that would do anything to it! LOL

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful truck, the Sierra is my favorite of the twins. It's the gentleman's truck.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In what ways does it lack compared to your HC? - And what kind of deal did you get?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It doesn't have a sunroof, navigation (it has OnStar Nav), cooled seats, factory brake controller and it has the bench seat instead of buckets w/console. Obviously the biggest thing is it's a 5.3 vs. 6.2. I felt like I really had to keep my foot in it to maintain speed going uphill with the wind yesterday. I'm spoiled by the 6.2 and Duramax. I'll talk about the deal in another post.

Very nice. Just out of curiosity, why do you own so many of them? Are they work trucks?? Couldn't imagine putting anything in the bed of a High Country that would do anything to it! LOL
The HC is my personal truck. I bought this truck to use for my business, meeting with clients, inspecting sites, etc. Things I don't need a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck to do, but I want to keep miles of my High Country. I have towed with and loaded stuff in the bed of the HC though. It's still a truck after all. :)

Looks great in red, nice truck. Do you still have the HC or did you trade it in?
Still have it, it's in the second picture off to the side.

Care to share the deal? You can PM me if you want.
I was originally looking at a '14 leftover. They ended up selling that truck to someone else. Because I drove 2.5 hours to get there, they gave me a '15 for basically the same price. I ended up getting the truck for just over $36K, the sticker was $45,784.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
The front end of the GMC with every trim level looks the best hands down. I wish i had a need for a full size truck.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The front end of the GMC with every trim level looks the best hands down. I wish i had a need for a full size truck.
I like the GMC SLT front end 100x more than the LTZ Chevy, but the HC is still the best looking K2. :cool:

I will add one criticism I left out of my original post, the headlights on the new Sierras are downright pathetic. I read on another forum that GM has some new bulbs and a BCM flash coming out that I hope will do the trick.

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I like the GMC SLT front end 100x more than the LTZ Chevy, but the HC is still the best looking K2. :cool:

I will add one criticism I left out of my original post, the headlights on the new Sierras are downright pathetic. I read on another forum that GM has some new bulbs and a BCM flash coming out that I hope will do the trick.
So not only do the Sierra headlights look goofy, they don't even work well!?

Both of my GMT900 were really good.

Any experience with the interior/dome lights, the one I test drove seemed lacking, I told the salesman I thought something was off, but he insisted all the lights were one, I'm still not sure.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So not only do the Sierra headlights look goofy, they don't even work well!?

Both of my GMT900 were really good.

Any experience with the interior/dome lights, the one I test drove seemed lacking, I told the salesman I thought something was off, but he insisted all the lights were one, I'm still not sure.
LOL I actually like the way they look. :lmao:

The projectors on my HC are great, so if I were buying a K2 based on the headlights I'd definitely buy a Chevy.

The interior lighting seems fine in both my trucks. It's not as bright as my GMT900, but it's sufficient IMO.

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
672 Posts
Gorgeous truck, congrats!! That is an amazing line-up of trucks you got. 5.3, 6.2 and Duramax, wow! I have the 6.0L L76 in my truck and it's a beast. How's the 6.2L? I test drove one once but just curious how you find it as a daily driver?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gorgeous truck, congrats!! That is an amazing line-up of trucks you got. 5.3, 6.2 and Duramax, wow! I have the 6.0L L76 in my truck and it's a beast. How's the 6.2L? I test drove one once but just curious how you find it as a daily driver?
The 6.2 is great. I love it as a daily driver. I'm getting around 16 MPG out of mine with a heavy foot. The power is definitely intoxicating! Only thing I dislike about both trucks is how quiet the exhaust is, you can't even tell it's a V8 until you really get on it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts