GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, does anyone have any recommendations for a install on my 15 Silverado. lt with a Bose system. I want to keep it all factory but add a sub. I know pac makes a harness to keep all factory but add amp outputs but I can’t find one specific to his vehicle. Or better use loc AudioControl LC2i I've read this article. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Its been 20+ years since I sold car stereo's, but BOSE systems have always been tricky to upgrade. Lots of times the result is not worth the expense. I'd talk to a pro installer and get their opinion on your specific make/model.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I put together a good amount of rigged systems back in my younger days...one of which was an amp sub setup on my 2005 maxima that came with a Bose system....what I ended up doing was I tapped into my rear speaker wires with a line out converter and from there RCA out to my amp. On a truck it's a little tricky because Im assuming your rears are in door as opposed to my setup where the rears were in the rear deck...So, if doing it yourself, I'd say your best bet is tapping into each at the door then running a speaker wire from the tap of each of the 2 sides to a spot near where you're installing your amp/sub to install the line out converter.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Kicker sells a sub with box exactly for your application. It may or may not be what you’re looking for but it’s an easy solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts