GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a new 2007 sts with adaptive cruise, had it in to GM twice, they cannot find the problem!!!
The car displays CLEAN RADAR and shuts the cruise off, When it feels like it ,it may turn back on , that day, or hour. NO fault codes set. I have shut the car off etc and it still will not engage.
Has been cleaned many times and calibrated, it has never been dirty.
They just send me home again with no cure.
The other issue is that it follows a car way to close, 3 to maybe 4 cars, I can adjust it down to half a cars length!!.
The radar pickes the car up ahead, and shows it in the window, at about 15 cars ahead.
Other than this snag it works perfect, applying the brakes etc. Please any help, or others with the same issue? Thanks RK

·
Banned
158 Posts
Hi
I have a new 2007 sts with adaptive cruise, had it in to GM twice, they cannot find the problem!!!
The car displays CLEAN RADAR and shuts the cruise off, When it feels like it ,it may turn back on , that day, or hour. NO fault codes set. I have shut the car off etc and it still will not engage.
Has been cleaned many times and calibrated, it has never been dirty.
They just send me home again with no cure.
The other issue is that it follows a car way to close, 3 to maybe 4 cars, I can adjust it down to half a cars length!!.
The radar pickes the car up ahead, and shows it in the window, at about 15 cars ahead.
Other than this snag it works perfect, applying the brakes etc. Please any help, or others with the same issue? Thanks RK
have them monitor your brake pedal input parameter with the tech 2 at the dealer,there is a pi out on this condition as far as the inop at times.also the distance is not based on car lengths or feet ,it is set by the driver and if the system feels it is to close then it may immediately apply the brakes although it is limited to the amount of braking it can perform.also remember that this device uses radio waves and cannot interfere with other devices around it so depending on the area undesired operation can occur and the fcc rules state this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I can adjust the distance, it shows up as # of bars in the headsup, from [15 ft up to 50 ft.] [I need it to be 45 ft up to 325 ft] the radar picks the car up ahead at about 850 ft. with no problem, it shows in the heads up .It works perfect, when it stays on line, [from the Clean Radar fault]. It won't put you through the windshield, when it applyes the brakes, but, it can be very agressive, if it is required, the little car in the screen turns red and is beeping and flashes Driver Action Required. This warning feature is active even when you are not using the cruise. I just love driving the car with it, but the car ahead usually pulls over after a bit, because I am glued to his bumper so close.
Thanks for your input.RK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts