GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I tested the 2004 Acura TL. It was perfectly wonderful. The car represented a fast, smooth ride, but the only complaint was the price. We were figuring out about a good $40K for the car. Of course, I drove the one with all the stuff in it. It had a navigation system, and a whole bunch of other features packed in it. We easily made a 180 degree turn and the car felt so smooth. Then, the dealers started comparing it to the Lexus. 'Lexus doesn't really have the feel of Acura. They have old, outdated vehicles', the man said. They kept on pouring on the complaints about Lexus. I have to say this: The Acura TL is great, but the dealership service (forget it) they suck 100%. I will never go back to that Acura dealer again. They also were power-hungry for me to decide whether I was going to buy the car. For your information Acura: If I could afford the Acura TL, I would.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The TL is a decent care, I hate to admit. Though in the current issue the CTS beat it in there comparo, and from past posts your opinions closley mach the auto mags along with that RCTennis person, but not on this car I guess. No ofense just my opinion. So yes, I think domestics and others should learn a little something from this car, I dont think they should be in awe.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm, to say the least a acura hater, YET the TL looks awesome.
i went to a dealer too few years ago, a grasy little sales persn started to BS how the acura is better than bmw or any other thinbg on earth.
they treat you as garbage...

the tl is well worthy the money they ask, but I'm an anti-fwd person, I would look elsewere for the $$$, most likely a used bmw 540 or something.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Great looking car, drives great for a FWD
Acura is not going to be a serious Lux player until the go RWD or AWD.
What do you want GM to learn?
Have bad dealers?
Have a FWD sedan?
Better styling?
Charge 40k for a FWD sedan when the CTS is better and less expensive?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mother has an 03' 3.2 TL and it is a great car, the only problem with it is its FWD. To beat its competition it needs to go RWD, there is too much torque steer.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pricing guy came out and told me the price. 'Oh its better than any Lexus out there and cheaper'. They sent me a whole bunch of letters begging me to come back and saying thanks. All I needed then was a birthday party....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Happy birthday.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
To me, the TL isn't that great. I like it, but I've heard too many complaints of torque steer. I'll take a CTS and my G35 over this anyday.

Oh yea, gmwsag: Acura's dealer service really sucks! Man, when I was looking at an MDX in 2002, they kept on pressuring me into buying one. I know that every dealer has to be persistent, but they even followed me to my car with brochures in their hands, even after I said I'll come back soon. If Saturn is the best place to buy a car, then Acura must be the worst.

LGRpup: Umm, thanks for the compliment? :rolleyes:

johnd89: I agree with you man! I think the TL is a great car for the price, but I'm anti-FWD too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless you want to buy the pricey G35 AWD model, RWD really isn't going to help you with the G. Sorry, but I do have to tell you, even 4WD doesn't help. Ha! I look at the Weather Channel and I see Hummer's and Jeep's driving 2 mph despite the fact that they are loaded with off-road amenities such as 4wD or AWD.

rctennis: I own a CTS. I like it better than the TL, but I haven't tested a G35, yet. I am looking forward to doing this in the future (after test-driving Chevrolet Equinox and Malibu! B) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts