GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would take the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP over the Acura TL, The TL is a pretty good looking car but i like the style of the GTP better, even though the TL comes with 270hp i would still take the 260hp in the GTP because the delivery of power is better in the GTP.

GM WHY DO YOU MAKE THE WORST INTERIORS?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by mbaluch8@Apr 24 2004, 10:33 PM
Consumer reports claims that the TL is basically the best car in its class and the grand prix is rated near the bottom.
I think they put it near the bottom because the TL had a better interior and better features....

Why are they comparing the two anyways!?! TL is a luxury car and GP is not.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Originally posted by atlantaballer101@Apr 25 2004, 07:15 AM
I would take the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP over the Acura TL, The TL is a pretty good looking car but i like the style of the GTP better, even though the TL comes with 270hp i would still take the 260hp in the GTP because the delivery of power is better in the GTP.
the 260hp rating is only the beginning: the 3.8 s/c has incredible potential

check here

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll wait and see what the new Legacy turbo does when it gets here. Heck IMHO the bang for the buck in sedans goes to the slightly smaller, EVO, WRX, and STi. Yea I know the huge wings, but they can be deleted, and the EVO's taillights can be changed. Every one of those cars will severly out performe the Pontiac and Acura, and 2 of the three have great interiors.

I would expect that the new Legacy should do rather well, as it is already winning awards in Japan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by heat_fan1@Apr 24 2004, 04:59 AM
It's odd that he gave it 2 stars out of 4, when the only shortcomings he found were in the handling. Oh well. The car is an awesome car, and the one I drove didn't show the servere torque-steer everyone talks about. The car has an absolutely awesome interior that the Grand Prix would die to have. The powertrain is awesome. It has great styling, and awesome sound system. Basically, it's what the Grand Prix wants to be. :p
Well to me handling is the whole point of why you would buy this car. Imagine if someone said, well the new BMW 3 series is perfect in every way except that it has lousy handling? IMHO this is the most important quality of the car. :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by geronimo66@Apr 26 2004, 04:44 PM
I'll wait and see what the new Legacy turbo does when it gets here. Heck IMHO the bang for the buck in sedans goes to the slightly smaller, EVO, WRX, and STi. Yea I know the huge wings, but they can be deleted, and the EVO's taillights can be changed. Every one of those cars will severly out performe the Pontiac and Acura, and 2 of the three have great interiors.

I would expect that the new Legacy should do rather well, as it is already winning awards in Japan.
If you want bang for the buck, SRT4 owns that market right now. 20k, and you have a 230(more like 270) hp turbo 4, and thats just stock. SRT4's can dust your average WRX, and with free mods like a t-bleeder mod and other stuff, can run with the Evo and STi. Thats free mods.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Apr 28 2004, 10:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Apr 28 2004, 10:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-geronimo66@Apr 26 2004, 04:44 PM
I'll wait and see what the new Legacy turbo does when it gets here.  Heck IMHO the bang for the buck in sedans goes to the slightly smaller, EVO, WRX, and STi.  Yea I know the huge wings, but they can be deleted, and the EVO's taillights can be changed.  Every one of those cars will severly out performe the Pontiac and Acura, and 2 of the three have great interiors.

If you want bang for the buck, SRT4 owns that market right now. 20k, and you have a 230(more like 270) hp turbo 4, and thats just stock. SRT4's can dust your average WRX, and with free mods like a t-bleeder mod and other stuff, can run with the Evo and STi. Thats free mods. [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Have people started trying mods to the TL? If it cant even handle the HP it has now..... How hard were they really driving this car is what I want to know. If the complaints are valid then its a shame. The body kit makes the TL look even better but the dealer installed A SPEC package has this car 50 dollars under 40k on eBay. That is the kind of money that makes it a questionable purchase. (HAS A-SPEC LOWERING KIT, 18" A-SPEC WHEELS, A-SPEC STEERING WHEEL, FULL A-SPEC AERO KIT WITH REAR LIP SPOILER) = a lot of looks but not much more speed if any. Not near as nice as the A- SPEC concept which "boasts a 3.2-liter V-6 engine that utilizes a high flow intake and exhaust as well as internal engine modifications to raise the output to over 300 horsepower. An A-SPEC high performance suspension package with track-tuned shocks and springs lowers the car by one inch and enhances the TL's handling precision. Brembo brake components, including 8-piston caliper and 15-inch drilled rotors, give the TL A-SPEC Concept increased stopping power."

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.