GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
don't get me wrong, I honestly think the tl is probably the BEST looking car in its class. on the other hand, once you are talking about those levels of power on a fwd, handling IS important.
altough the power looks good on paper, when you compare with the gtp (or for few extra cash, with the boneville gxp), it's not that impressive:

it has 270 hp/6,200 rpm and 238 ft-lbs/5,000 rpm vs
260 hp/5,200 rpm and 280 ft-lbs/3,600 rpm

I would chose the reliable 3.8 anytime...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
this is why I spent a lot on my leather coach at home, because it's very important. the car on the other hand is meant to be driven. you can't chose right if you won't take the car for a test drive...
of course, anyone have priorities, but there is no excuse for uninformed or ignorant people

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I don't really think you can't have fun with an automatic tranny: that is a mater of personal taste. for instance I can't have fun with a small engine without tons of tire shreding down low torque. or a car wich handles bad, or bad weight distribution. Weird enough, lately I'm having more fun at legal speeds, than at very high speeds. for instance jumping from 0 to 40mph across the intersection, or cornering at higher speeds...

in the end, you need a gearbox with 6 speeds if you have a narrow powerband, and want to catch up the big boys with the boring automatics...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would believe that anyone interested in this hp range will pretty much abuse them... come to think off, the rustang gt has the same power rating... if the ford is considered an "enthusiast car", by all means the s/c gp and tl should be considered the same!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Originally posted by atlantaballer101@Apr 25 2004, 07:15 AM
I would take the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP over the Acura TL, The TL is a pretty good looking car but i like the style of the GTP better, even though the TL comes with 270hp i would still take the 260hp in the GTP because the delivery of power is better in the GTP.
the 260hp rating is only the beginning: the 3.8 s/c has incredible potential

check here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.