1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acura planning Integra revival?
By Drew Johnson
Thursday, Nov 6th, 2014

Acura could be working on a new sporty coupe that would fill the spiritual shoes of the company's previous Integra and RSX models, a new report finds.

Rumors of a revived Acura Integra are nothing new, but it sounds as if the company is finally getting serious about the subject. In an interview on the sidelines of the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Acura chief designer Dave Marek revealed that "there are lots of resources and activity going into making Acura back into what it was."

Chief among those changes could be launching a small performance coupe along the lines of Acura's previous Integra and RSX models.

CONTINUE AT LEFTLANENEWS.COM

·
Registered
668 Posts
I know a lot of people are going to say they are looking for a RWD version here, but I disagree.

What I would LIKE to see is Acura come out with a true compact (2 door or 4 door) that is a legitimate FWD compact car---but not just a dressed-up Civic. Make it in base form have at least 180hp for a 2800-3000 lb car, and if you want to add a performance model on top of that go ahead.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I know a lot of people are going to say they are looking for a RWD version here, but I disagree.

What I would LIKE to see is Acura come out with a true compact (2 door or 4 door) that is a legitimate FWD compact car---but not just a dressed-up Civic. Make it in base form have at least 180hp for a 2800-3000 lb car, and if you want to add a performance model on top of that go ahead.
Needs to be awd

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
I hope they make one, but it'll never be the same kind of car as the first Integra.
I bought literally the first Integra off the boat into Australia when it was first launched. I was doing a lot of appointments in the city and my Jag was too big to easily find car park spaces. I needed a small work car and I saw a picture of it with those pop up headlights and said that's what I need. Went to a Honda dealer the next day and drove off in their silver floor model. It was better than I had hoped and great fun.

I had owned a number of Honda bikes and discovered it's engine was more bike-like than a car engine. It really opened up past 4,500rpm and you could ring it's neck without complaint. It was that Integra that taught me how to drive fast in a FWD...

It would cruise at 185 kph (115 mph) with the aircon on for hours at a time on long back-road interstate runs. And took a fraction to fill up compared to the XJ6.

;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Outside of the S2000 that was the last truly fun performance car Honda/Acura sold in America. I had a '94 GSR that went over175,000 miles with only the front seat cushion needing to be rebuilt at about 100,000; it was too soft and too low to begin with. Based on what I see today I don't expect they will be able to recapture the magic that car had but I wish them luck.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Acura planning Integra revival?
By Drew Johnson
Thursday, Nov 6th, 2014

Acura could be working on a new sporty coupe that would fill the spiritual shoes of the company's previous Integra and RSX models, a new report finds.

Rumors of a revived Acura Integra are nothing new, but it sounds as if the company is finally getting serious about the subject. In an interview on the sidelines of the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Acura chief designer Dave Marek revealed that "there are lots of resources and activity going into making Acura back into what it was."

Chief among those changes could be launching a small performance coupe along the lines of Acura's previous Integra and RSX models.

CONTINUE AT LEFTLANENEWS.COM
It'll probably be a liftback coupe based on the ILX/Civic.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
And Bring back the Prelude while they are at it.

Reactions: F14CRAZY

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Honda's problem is that their technology lead in variable valve technology has all but disappeared, there is nothing left but reputation. Trying to double down on nostalgia is not going to help them. Their NSX I doubt will be able to take down anything in refinement or performance, so that is mute, they really need to go back and re-evaluate everything they are.

Developing the Honda Learjet was probably a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As I keep saying once Soichiro Honda and his legacy passed Honda lost what made them special, sporty characteristic baked into every vehicle they made. Now days they are nothing more than Toyota with a different badge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts