GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was supposed to be a smart car fighter for a contest elsewhere, but it has officially been promoted to mini cooper fighter because it's too big.

sketch:

Red rendering:

White (my fav):

black

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, seeing as it's my third ever photoshop rendering attempt. It took a while too, about a week just working on it for a bit at random times.

So far i've done a merc, a lexus and an Acura. The next one will be a caddy coupe, that i did a while ago but have to finish up. I hope you like :)

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HoosierRon said:
In all sincerity, I say the following as a compliment: It certainly is ugly enough to be an Acura.
well they didnt make it any easier for me, but the design's grown on me and maybe itll grow on you too :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hmm, It's good but the top of the hood looks crazy wierd. I like the overall idea of the design, but try to make the big V-shaped line on top of the hood
end closer to the top of the headlights(not neccesarily right on the top), it will be easier on the eyes (no offense). Also the rear wheel looks kind of funny.
Otherwise, very good, it definetely grows on you. Awesome headlights and grille too(can you give me some pointers on the headlights? I usually just make a circle or a diamond-shaped thing).
I don't mean to be critical, but I always appreciate it when people give me advice (along with a little praise :p). I hope this helps you, but it's not like you really need it. Good luck. Some idea too, an Acura mini cooper?
I never would have thought of that (mostly b/c Acura doesn't make small
cars since they're only sold in NA).

This is my 100th post BTW!!! :D

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I can't say that I was the hugest fan of their most recent concept, however the only thing that bothers me on yours is the mile between the headlights and the hood. Every thing else looks great though. I think you have done an awesome job on the renderings, If I am remembering properly, the first few weren't that swift...

It did turn out really nice though, the only other thing that I might like to see, is just a smooth transition with the shading (no rock reflecting on the sides) and a door handle! :D Great job though!

-Chase

·
Registered
166 Posts
Awesome, I didn't like it at first until I saw the rendering. Looks awesome P.S. The black one looks awesome.:D

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
great sketch and rendering but sorry the hood and the front are a mess.

but it definitely looks like a mini Acura so I think you accomplished your goal :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts