GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia has been in the shop since Monday morning (8AM) for some major water leaks...she's been an aquarium lately.

I talked to the service department and it sounds like they want to keep it for yet another day. They have not brought up a rental car. Is there a set amount of time that they are required to offer a rental car? I bought a $45k car six months ago...you would think you would get something.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't believe the dealer is required to give you a loaner car for warranty work. Most do as a goodwill offering. I would suggest asking them for one. The also may not realize you want on or need one.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Courtesy Transportation is covered under both the 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper or 5yr/100,000 powertrain.

Are you in Canada or the States? Did you ask for courtesy transportation or are you waiting for them to bring it up? A dealer may have some say in it, but courtesy transportation is in all the literature. I beleive the vehicle has to be kept for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
That's terrible! I wonder what happened with the leaks?

I don't believe they're obligated to provide a loaner car either. Usually dealerships that offer that make a big deal about it during the sales process.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
here if you have GMPP anything over 2 hours gets you a rental, outside of that regular warranty provides 'courtesy transportation' a cab ride home is considered 'courtesy transportation'

go see your salesman, or did you not buy it at you local dealer, I use my personal Maxx SS for my customers, but every dealer has THEIR own rules on this usually.. If you got GMPP you can get a rental tho.

And yes I DO MAKE A BIG DEAL OF IT while selling, for this reason....no one wants a cab ride even for a day...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Courtesy Transportation is covered under both the 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper or 5yr/100,000 powertrain.

Are you in Canada or the States? Did you ask for courtesy transportation or are you waiting for them to bring it up? A dealer may have some say in it, but courtesy transportation is in all the literature. I beleive the vehicle has to be kept for over 24 hours.
I am thinking of a new car. I thought it is part of the new 5yr/100,000 mile???:confused::(:confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
can you elaborate on the leaking? is it window, sunroof, door seals?
I'm in Ohio. Water is coming in on the front passenger side. If you open the glove box, on the right side, there is a small opening where water is coming out...then running down the plastic molding alongside the door. I have some heavy duty all-weather mats...but the water is sliding down the plastic molding and right into the carpet. The other area where it's leaking is almost in the center of the front passenger area....there is a slender two foot piece of cheap plastic molding (kinda under the glove box again)...there is a small hole in the plastic molding...and water is pouring out of there. I also had water coming in from the emergency break on the front driver's side...but that water was pooling on the weather mats.

I had the car in all day Monday and Tuesday. They claimed to have fixed the problem. I'll get my paperwork at lunch and update exactly what they did to fix it. However, I took my car through the car wash this morning to see if it was really fixed. About 10 seconds into the car wash, water is dripping in again in those same two areas on the passenger side...no water leaking from the emergency break.

I plan on calling them again at lunch to schedule another appointment for early next week. I've been reading up on Ohio's Lemon Law...they have a fairly good Lemon Law...so I've been documenting everything. Such a pain.

Ran out to my car at lunch to see exactly what they did. Here's what's on the repair invoice:

COWL LEAKING TAC CASE # 10335340
RESEALED COWL PER TAC! PER BULLETIN 2146761

·
Registered
2 Posts
above the rear doors on both sides of the rera sunroof there are drains for the sunroof that may come undone the dealer has to remove the trim panels between the front and rear door and behind the rear door. pull the headliner down approx 1 to 1 and a half inches and check the hose. if it has come off you need to cut the drain pipe and extend it approx 1/2 inch with rubber hose. I put a bit of weatherstrip adhesive on the hose to secure it to the pipe and reinstalle the lengthened pipe to the drain for the sunroof. if this is the source of your leak after the repair any water poured over the rear sunroof will drain out the back of the vehicle behind the rear tires. I spent 3 hours hunting for a leak in and acadia like you describe and this is what fixed it for me

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

courtesy transportation, can be cab ride to someplace, it does NOT mean a courtesy CAR for the day, here the salespeople provide OUR PERSONAL cars for courtesy...makes it simple then, you buy here you get one, you dont, its a cab ride for the week.

its up to the dealer, we used to have a small fleet of cavaliers for courtesy cars then sell them after as used, but insurance and crap is to much so its not worth it. The dealer pays half of our lease payment and ins, and we use them for OUR customers.

·
Registered
461 Posts
courtesy transportation, can be cab ride to someplace, it does NOT mean a courtesy CAR for the day, here the salespeople provide OUR PERSONAL cars for courtesy...makes it simple then, you buy here you get one, you dont, its a cab ride for the week.

its up to the dealer, we used to have a small fleet of cavaliers for courtesy cars then sell them after as used, but insurance and crap is to much so its not worth it. The dealer pays half of our lease payment and ins, and we use them for OUR customers.
just curious, have any of you fellows had a customer wreck your auto or burn holes in your seats yet?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
not me but a couple guys have, the dealership pays the repairs, Im past the whole, OMG you scratched my car thing. Its a car, they make them every day..

Its not like EVERYONE gets it, I say who and when...and ONLY MY customers get mine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I thought this section was for those working in dealers? If so you should know or know how to get that info. You should also know that sunroofs are leaking and should be a campain in my estimation. If you work for a dealer as this section implies then talk with your service manager or go to your owner. Call the 800 number and get a case opened up on it. But be careful you might piss off your manager if you open a file.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts