GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great web site! I'm amazed the information that you folks have and how you freely share troubleshooting tips. On my wifes 2003 Yukon XL, it always feels that you are in 4WD. I doesn't matter if you are on dry, wet pavement or ice. The light will even go into the 4WD Hi position by itself. The only time when it dosen't feel like we are in 4 Hi is when I have it in 2 WD and then every know and then it will also go into 4WD. I suspect the ATC but welcome any suggestions.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
A GM dealer or a repair facility with a Tech 2 type scan tool can plug into the truck & try & pull up trouble codes, if there are any???

Hopefully one of the GMI resident technicians can chime in here!

·
Registered
902 Posts
You kinda answered your own question.If it is switching to 4wd drive by itself it probably is locking the front axle.Which means it is in 4wd.You need to find out why it is going into 4wd by itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply. The scanner has no codes and I can hear the transfer case motor when I press any of the buttons. I have taken the module with the Auto 4WD button out and cleaned it but the thing now has a mind of its own. Since there is no codes I don't want to start randomly changing out parts until I find the problem. Some times the shotgun approach works but it's expensive. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well our Service Information is down so I cannot help find your problem, but I do remember a bulletin for the Silverado and SUVs where the 4wd switch had to be replaced. As soon as our SI gets up and running then I'll chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts