GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, so here's what i think the new FE porsche coupe should look like. it uses a turbo version of the carrera GT's V10, and competes directly with ferrari's 599. here it is:

a 2-seat hatch, hope you like it.
*the upper fascia looks like the cayman*(pretend it's there)
comments/suggestions welcome
-camaroman22

********GIF ANIMATION FILE**********

·
Registered
881 Posts
I saw a lot more Ferrari then Porsche at first glance but it does have a Porsche feel to it, maybe as an inexpensive 4 banger entry level sports coupe.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there's a rumor going around that porsche will most likely do a 928 revival on a modified panamera platform.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
You mean, a front-engined Porsche coupe? That would be revolutionary!

Anyway, both Porsche and Ferrari and this type of cars do nothing for me, but your chopping skills are great!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bravada said:
You mean, a front-engined Porsche coupe? That would be revolutionary!

Anyway, both Porsche and Ferrari and this type of cars do nothing for me, but your chopping skills are great!
not so, porsche had like 10 FE models throughout the 80s and 90s. i don't know why everyone is mentioning ferrari, all the parts for this concept are from a porsche. thanks though.

i'll put up another pic (GIF) showing how excactly the chop was done.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
camaroman22 said:
i'll put up another pic (GIF) showing how excactly the chop was done.
as promised, i made a GIF, unfortunately it's too big for imageshack and it's too big for the gmi uploader. anyone know where i could upload a 2.62MB GIF file?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Work with me on the hood here. Its like a peice of paper right now. Can hardly tell its even there its so small.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heals120 said:
Work with me on the hood here. Its like a peice of paper right now. Can hardly tell its even there its so small.
:confused: . i know it's a bit hard to see the hood at first, but it's there. if you look right at the bottom of the windshield you can see it. it's the corvette's hood.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
camaroman22 said:
:confused: . i know it's a bit hard to see the hood at first, but it's there. if you look right at the bottom of the windshield you can see it. it's the corvette's hood.
I know that there is one there and it is hard to see, but the hood just has no curvy shape. The hood should be curvy to contrast with the rest of the body. Thats just the reason the front end of a Hummer doesn't belong on an Audi TT, it just wouldn't look right. It looks like a flat rock was dropped on it right now. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heals120 said:
I know that there is one there and it is hard to see, but the hood just has no curvy shape. The hood should be curvy to contrast with the rest of the body. Thats just the reason the front end of a Hummer doesn't belong on an Audi TT, it just wouldn't look right. It looks like a flat rock was dropped on it right now. Just my 2 cents.
ahh, well, the actual hood (not the headlight 'tubes') is sloping downward, just not at the angle that the 911's does.

i finally got it to work, but it took some extreme downsizing and consequental fuzziness, but there's a GIF is in the first post now. and i'm very proud of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts