GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone paying attention to dealerworld lately will see alot of good info about up and coming 09 GM products. I just wanted to point out some interesting tidbits to discuss.

Bluetooth: Many models show bluetooth as an RPO code under options. So far I've found it on almost every model except for some of the compact cars and a few cadillacs like the Aveo, Cobalt, Astra, etc. Its under RPO code UPF most of the time.

6 Speeds: 6 SPEEDS ARE SPREADING FAST. Some models that currently use a 4speed with 4cylinders are switching to the 6 speed. Example the Aura XE 4cyl will now have the 6spd (MH8) like the Bu and it is dropping the 3.5 and adding a 4cyl XR model. Similar setup to the Malibu. One transmission I'm confused about is one with RPO MXO (5spd?). It shows under every model of Vue and Equinox and I can't determine if its a 6spd. Under trucks they are dropping the heavy duty (M70) 4L70 and its looking like they will be using the (MYC) 6L80 on more models. Not sure if its with the 5.3 or not.

Direct Injection is shown on all the Lambdas.

Also the Traverse page at chevy.com shows heated and COOLED seats? http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/

The sunroof option is finally available for the Vue and should go into production in May.

Outlook shows it now has a BOSE surround sound system as an option.

On a side note, I'm waiting to see when the 4.5 Diesel debuts in the halftons so I can trade my truck in on it if it gets stellar gas mileage. I'm getting about 10 MPG right now.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The 4-cyl Aura XR option is great. I'm so glad GM has finally figured out (20 years after Honda and Toyota did) that many people want all the features but with a frugal powertrain. I have an Aura XR now and while I love the smooth and powerful 3.6, it sucks gas and has a ridiculously low range as a result. I'd happily switch to the 2.4/6-speed combo for the improved fuel economy, even it if means giving up some performance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
this is good news. but the bad news is they aren't adding m/ts in their passenger car and subcompacts.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So when can we get a Colorado with the 5.3?

I'm guessing there is no manual option...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My question is, if the Malibu is new and Aura is updated, where does that leave the G6?

Also, autofan, I thought the 3.6 was supposed to be good on gas? What are you averaging? May have to consider a 4 cyl. XR or Malibu LTZ if the 3.6 isn't efficient on gas.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My question is, if the Malibu is new and Aura is updated, where does that leave the G6?

Also, autofan, I thought the 3.6 was supposed to be good on gas? What are you averaging? May have to consider a 4 cyl. XR or Malibu LTZ if the 3.6 isn't efficient on gas.
The 3.6 is rated at 26highway. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. The 3.6 DI going into all the Lambdas is probably going to be rated at 25 or possibly 26. Even without that it's still rated at 24. I don't see why GM couldn't make the 3.6 good on gas in a car. It is starting to really bug me that they don't seem to care. The 2.4 6 speed will be tied for best in class at 31 most likely but the BRAND NEW 3.6 can't even compete.

Pathetic GM pathetic

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The 3.6 is rated at 26highway. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. The 3.6 DI going into all the Lambdas is probably going to be rated at 25 or possibly 26. Even without that it's still rated at 24. I don't see why GM couldn't make the 3.6 good on gas in a car. It is starting to really bug me that they don't seem to care. The 2.4 6 speed will be tied for best in class at 31 most likely but the BRAND NEW 3.6 can't even compete.

Pathetic GM pathetic
That 26 is under the 08 EPA standards, which means it's lower (10 or 15%, don't recall which) than the old number would've been. Aka, 28-29 would've been the 'old' highway rating. I'm getting 28-29.5 in my ~97% highway (though hilly with one BIG one) workaday drive, approximately 31 miles each way. Once the temperatures are consistently 60+ morning and evening, I expect to break 30 routinely.

No so bad, considering how much power this engine is making and the weight of the car.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
The 4-cyl Aura XR option is great. I'm so glad GM has finally figured out (20 years after Honda and Toyota did) that many people want all the features but with a frugal powertrain. I have an Aura XR now and while I love the smooth and powerful 3.6, it sucks gas and has a ridiculously low range as a result. I'd happily switch to the 2.4/6-speed combo for the improved fuel economy, even it if means giving up some performance.
I agree--a 4 cyl/6 speed auto would be the most attractive to me, and should match the imports on economy.

I just wish they could find a way to take out a few hundred pounds & improve the turning circle (which is wider than my folks' '97 Bravada, & that thing is pathetic).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thought the sunroof was to be added as an option for the Astra in '09.
The 5-door is currently available with a dual panel sunroof but nothing yet on the 3-door. To consumers, especially those already skeptical of GM, the lack of features like an available sunroof (3-dr Astra, Vue, until this month) or more than one interior color scheme (Astra, Vibe, G8) looks pathetic. These are things for which their is simply no excuse. It's either GM's penny pinching or bureaucracy or both getting in the way of making fundamental features and options available from the start.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So will the 4 cyl Malibu have a 6 speed for 09?
The 2008 Malibu LTZ can be ordered now with a Spring 4-Cyl/6-speed package. Here's the info from the order guide.

4-Cylinder Spring Package, includes (LE5) ECOTEC 2.4L
engine, (MH8) 6-speed automatic transmission, Electric Power
Steering (EPS) assist, chrome exhaust tip, (PA2) 17" (43.2 cm)
Chrome-Tech bright aluminum wheels and (QAD) P225/50R17
touring, blackwall tires

1 - 20 of 20 Posts