GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 99 continental with a weird interior lights gremlin. The interior lights once you get out of the car and lock it go off, but turn themselves back on again in ten or so seconds. It drained the battery once, so I figured out that if i pull fuse 31 the problem stops.
Anybody know a fix for this?
I was thinking that it's the lcm, but am not surem any input?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I know the Taurus had a problem with the interior lights staying on because the switch was in the door latch, and it got stuck. Maybe other Fords have this problem as well. The fix for that was to spray some WD40 into the door latch and open and close the door a few times and that should fix it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the Taurus had a problem with the interior lights staying on because the switch was in the door latch, and it got stuck. Maybe other Fords have this problem as well. The fix for that was to spray some WD40 into the door latch and open and close the door a few times and that should fix it.
i will try that, maybe it'll fix it, the thing is they go off, but come back on

·
Registered
903 Posts
It could still fix it. The switch inside the latch could be making intermittent contact. It still couldn't hurt to try. Good luck.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could still fix it. The switch inside the latch could be making intermittent contact. It still couldn't hurt to try. Good luck.
didn't fix it. the thing is that it turns off when you are driving, but when you lock the car from the outsite, they turn off and then come back on within ten seconds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.