GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've never posted here before, although I've read a good many postings. My problem is the L/H headlight door motor is going out on me, no repairs according to the dealership, although my thinking is... "if a man made it a man can fix it". The motor raises and loweres the headlight fine, however upon lowering it continues to "run". Does anyone know of a fix short of the $267.00 price I was quoted? I've heard that someone out there is trying to come up with a "repair kit"
Thanks,
Hugh

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by Hugh@Jul 19 2004, 07:51 PM
Hello all,
I've never posted here before, although I've read a good many postings. My problem is the L/H headlight door motor is going out on me, no repairs according to the dealership, although my thinking is... "if a man made it a man can fix it". The motor raises and loweres the headlight fine, however upon lowering it continues to "run". Does anyone know of a fix short of the $267.00 price I was quoted? I've heard that someone out there is trying to come up with a "repair kit"
Thanks,
Hugh
There are repair kits out there check eBay, does the motor go up and down fine if you crank it by hand? If it does, it might be your module.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The gears have been stripped.

Your in luck though. It is a round gear, but only revolves 1/2 turn. You can take the headlight assembly apart and turn the gear around to use the gears on the back side.

Very common thing for 4th gen birds, and this fix has been done many times.

I'm sorry I don't have more specific instructions. I've never done it myself.

Do a couple searches on the f-body boards. I'm sure you can find more detailed instructions.

Steve
'96 WS6 Trans Am

1 - 4 of 4 Posts