GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The car is a '95 riviera s/c vin 1.
I have the service manual, and there is no 0361 code listed, instead a P1361 seems to be the closest match.
In two words, the culprit is either the PCM, either the ignition control module.
Supposedly, the PCM should take over from the IC at the start, in my case it never happens and the engine runs on module mode (10 deg advance...)

After testing according to the troubleshooting diagram, the IC seems to be busted. Changed w/ a new one, but I have the same error which sets right away.
I will try another (new) IC module, then what's next? PCM? or even crank position sensor?

I should note that I also got a p0740 (tcc failure error code, the car gets stuck in third on highway after it gets a little hot) and recently a p0565 (cruise servo error, but I haven't even used the cruise...)
It's worth mentioning that in both cases the PCM should apply a 5 volt signal to the respective circuit...

My hunch is the PCM had better days...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's P0361.
Apparently, even if the car is OBD1, the codes are Pxxxx (OBD2 style).
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
The wires checked out ok, so a new PCM fixed it along with other issues (p0740 tcc malfuntion, harsh shifts, etc)
thx

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
How much did the PCM cost? Did you change it yourself or did a mechanic do it?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much did the PCM cost? Did you change it yourself or did a mechanic do it?
sorry, I completely missed your post...
about $150, easy to change yourself. in my case is under the dash, passenger side.

now I have the p0740 again. maybe my tranny is in need of a rebuild...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts