GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh:

So... buddy and i went out for dinner and had taken separate cars. Me in my 9-5 Aero and he in his Jag. I mean... it's a mean lookin Jag, with 18" Pirellis and a slightly tweaked 4.0 engine giving him a little more HP than stock.

Anyways... going back to his place to hang out... we were driving Hwy 92 in Silicon Valley. He looks over at me driving... I'm thinking... "Oh man." I knew this day was coming. And he guns it. Mind you, we were already doing around 50 mph anyways.

He gets a slight headstart on me... I push the little "S" button on the Saab's shifter... the "Sport" light lights up on the dash... and I gun it. Moments later, I pass him going 120 mph... and I keep charging ahead. This is going westbound on Hwy 92, so it's uphill, and I'm atleast a full car length ahead of him. by the time we get to his exit... I'm almost 2 car lengths ahead going 135.... and the pedal is only half way down.

Talk about hurtin' his pride!! My "puny 4 cylinder car" as he puts it whoops his V8. tsk tsk tsk. Funny how doesn't talk **** about my Saab anymore. I just tell him that he's lucky I didn't have a current model 9-5 Aero, or I would have been 4-5 lengths ahead of him!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Dec 7 2003, 06:13 AM
:huh:

So... buddy and i went out for dinner and had taken separate cars. Me in my 9-5 Aero and he in his Jag. I mean... it's a mean lookin Jag, with 18" Pirellis and a slightly tweaked 4.0 engine giving him a little more HP than stock.

Anyways... going back to his place to hang out... we were driving Hwy 92 in Silicon Valley. He looks over at me driving... I'm thinking... "Oh man." I knew this day was coming. And he guns it. Mind you, we were already doing around 50 mph anyways.

He gets a slight headstart on me... I push the little "S" button on the Saab's shifter... the "Sport" light lights up on the dash... and I gun it. Moments later, I pass him going 120 mph... and I keep charging ahead. This is going westbound on Hwy 92, so it's uphill, and I'm atleast a full car length ahead of him. by the time we get to his exit... I'm almost 2 car lengths ahead going 135.... and the pedal is only half way down.

Talk about hurtin' his pride!! My "puny 4 cylinder car" as he puts it whoops his V8. tsk tsk tsk. Funny how doesn't talk **** about my Saab anymore. I just tell him that he's lucky I didn't have a current model 9-5 Aero, or I would have been 4-5 lengths ahead of him!! :lol:
I have always loved the 9-5 especially the new generation. Great JOB, show those Jag people what they are missin. In fact a while ago one of my co-workers asked me what I thought about the XK8. I told him, well to be quite honest with you, I think its a piece of crap. He was shocked, I told him in two recent car tests the Jag was crused by the Cadillac XLR, and he said that he liked the way it looked, but he is a Jag fan at heart. (Maybe we have a new GM fan) :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Jaguars are a FORD product. Need I say more?

Emm... that was a joke...sorry to anybody that likes Ford or Jaguar, I really don't have anything against them, so don't read into it.

·
Registered
44,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love Jaguars. My dad has an XJ6, but I was just getting kinda sick of my buddy thinking his was a faster and better because it's a Jaguar and has V8.

Just felt really good to kick him where it hurts.... right in his V8. HAHA

That and I get 26mpg, and he's lucky to get near 16mpg.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
most people don't realize that even as far back as 1995 a saab 9000 aero was one of the fastest sedans you could buy 0-60 in about six seconds or less stock as long as you had the manual tranny! good job showing him the GM way! I love killing my brothers 2002 XK8 convertible supposedly a sports car and I have killed him in both of my caddys!!

·
Registered
44,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by germeezy1@Dec 8 2003, 01:36 AM
most people don't realize that even as far back as 1995 a saab 9000 aero was one of the fastest sedans you could buy 0-60 in about six seconds or less stock as long as you had the manual tranny! good job showing him the GM way! I love killing my brothers 2002 XK8 convertible supposedly a sports car and I have killed him in both of my caddys!!
:eek:
Yeaaaah... these Saab's are faster than they look.
I love the understated look and its blazing speed. I know I've surprised Mustangs and Camaros. I may lose off the line... but I blow past 'em in no time.

Oh.. but there was a time I did lose to a friends tricked out Civic.. but he had no passengers, and I had 5 big guys in my car plus the A/C running. I'd say I had a 1000 lb disadvantage there. :lol: So that doesn't count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts