GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm all for this technology, but it comes with a price. Is the extra price of a Hybrid really going to get paid off in gas savings? Hardly seems possible. Hybrids are mainly a status symbol, and especially if one drives an Escalade Hybrid, it's like trying to justify having such an outlandish vehicle in the first place...sorry if I offend anyone....but, beautiful as they are, Escalades are totally no more than over priced Tahoes, just for those that feel the need to flash their cash. I love GM vehicles, but really think they need to come back to reality, and realize that these huge beasts are phasing out, and just putting Hybrid technology in them won't keep them around. Let's see the other SUV and Crossover platforms, like the Lambdas get Hybrid versions, but keep the option price at a reasonable level. Anyone that's trying to count pennies over gas prices, won't be able to afford the cost of the Hybrid option, pure and simple. I really don't get the whole point, other then saving fuel consumption in general, which I feel they can do with smaller, lighter vehicles, and they need to get rid of the huge SUV's...just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I actually like the hybrid graphics.. especially the ones in the side vents.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Can you say........Blingbrid..........The new fashion accessory for the in crowd

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
All they have to do is get ARNOLD to buy a few, maybe he can start the frenzy again. NOT!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Overdone graphics.... They need to turn it down a notch.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm all for this technology, but it comes with a price. Is the extra price of a Hybrid really going to get paid off in gas savings? Hardly seems possible. Hybrids are mainly a status symbol, and especially if one drives an Escalade Hybrid, it's like trying to justify having such an outlandish vehicle in the first place...sorry if I offend anyone....but, beautiful as they are, Escalades are totally no more than over priced Tahoes, just for those that feel the need to flash their cash. I love GM vehicles, but really think they need to come back to reality, and realize that these huge beasts are phasing out, and just putting Hybrid technology in them won't keep them around. Let's see the other SUV and Crossover platforms, like the Lambdas get Hybrid versions, but keep the option price at a reasonable level. Anyone that's trying to count pennies over gas prices, won't be able to afford the cost of the Hybrid option, pure and simple. I really don't get the whole point, other then saving fuel consumption in general, which I feel they can do with smaller, lighter vehicles, and they need to get rid of the huge SUV's...just my 2 cents.
people who want and can afford this type of vehicle are still buying. the people who want but really can not afford them are not buying and this is were the drop in sales comes from.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
the hybrid vents and graphic's suck BUT anyone who buys one will want everyone to know its a hybrid so thats why they are there

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is marketing in charge of side vents now?

Engineering: We don't need side vents, there is adequate ventilation underneath.

Marketing 1: Make them non-functional. And bigger. Lots bigger.

Design: They're over-chromed and gross.

Marketing 1: Everyone else is doing it, so it must be good. Add more chrome. In fact, the hybrid model needs to let people 10 blocks away know it's a hybrid, so to be sure, put "H-Y-B-R-I-D" down the entire length of the car, and just in case people can't read block lettering 6 feet long, put bright green cartoon hybrid text INSIDE the vents-

Marketing 2: Giant hybrid lettering inside giant chrome vents! Brilliant! We can't lose!

Marketing 3: Yes, but what about the illiterate, the blind, small pets, and children? How are they to know that Escalade Hybrid drivers are better than them?

Marketing 1: We'll install a 10,000 watt loudspeaker behind each of the grills which will chant "Hybrid-Hybrid-Hybrid-Hybrid..." whenever the car is running-

Engineering: That will take 5 MPG just to drive the electrical loads required!

Marketing 2: MPG? MPG?! Hybrids aren't about MPG! It's about turning your product into giant, gaudy, over-chromed, be-stickered, rolling billboards. Don't you know anything about cars?!

...end scene :D.

·
Registered
426 Posts
GM forgot to install a speaker hidden behind the grill that screams, "HEY LOOK I'M DRIVING A HYBRID! LOLZ!" as you drive down the street.

Edit: Someone above me beat me to saying something like that! lol!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I like it, with the exception of seeing what is essentially a Chevy steering wheel in it. The last I heard the hybrid decals were OPTIONAL - meaning you don't have to put them on (but I guess no one wants to hear that since it gives everyone something to complain about).

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
These are the things that make me hope that none of the people that decided to gaudy the hell out of this car work on the Camaro.

GM couldnt market themselves out of a wet paper bag.
Fender vent: stupid
Graphix : is this the 1980's?

Why not do something different? How about making all the chrome accents on the car have a green tint? Call it Emerald Chrome only available on Escalade Emerald edition. (name stolen from Mgescuro)
How about green led's in the fender vents that just light the vents up when the hyrbid system is active?
Wheels need to be different too btw. Should totaly different so people know its a hyrbid.
Those LED headlights should be standard across all Escalades. Tail lights should also incorperate light tubes, but thats another story...

Stupid cartoon HYBRID badge in the vents look stupid....ugh. I hate GM sometimes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unfortunately it only has a 5700 lb towing capacity in AWD.

I had my hopes up after seeing the 8000 lb tow rating for the Escalade Hybrid in the 2009 GM Car and Truck Fleet Guide (obviously a misprint!) as I thought this could be the hybrid for me with a decent towing ability.

With 8000 lbs tow capacity I could pull 6000 lbs of boat and trailer plus have enough GVWR for passengers and gear.

Oh well - maybe diesel!

DDL

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
saw one at Milford a long time ago and it was on Hybrid logo overload back then even. At least they decided to drop the Hybrid logo that went along the entire length of the rear lift glass like it did on the tester i saw. Still is it really necessary to have a grand total of 9 hybrid badges on a vehicle like this. One or two would have been enough but marketing is on the right track. Rich insecure people like to show off and brag about there rides to the rest of us and what better way to satisfy their over inflated egos then to put hybrid logos all over it because after all being green seems to be the newest fad among celebrities right now

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.