GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Originally posted by jgast18+May 27 2004, 07:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jgast18 @ May 27 2004, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MelvinJ@May 27 2004, 06:46 PM

Maximum engine torque for the 5L50-E is 311 lb/ft.  It would take a major rework to beef it up enough to handle the LS6.

There's a 6L80-E in the works for 2006, to be used with the 4.6 and 4.4 S/C Northstar, and the LS2, but I don't think they currently have anything with more than 4 gears to handle that much torque (unless they dropped in an Allison!  :p )
M-B has 5 speed autos in their AMG line that can take over 500 lb/ft so it cant be a question of "can this be done" it is more like "do we want to do this".

Maybe they should just buy these transmissions from M-B if they dont want to develop their own. ;)

IMO if they are going to go after BMW and MB with the "regular" Caddy product line and the M and AMG product lines with the V-series they have to upgrade the transmission choices. [/b][/quote]
Dude, what is your malfunction?

Listen, that 5 speed that they sold to BMW is IN the CTS, just not the V. THEY ARE DEVELOPING a 6 speed auto that will handle the power. The Tremec T-56 in the CTS-V is one of the best manuals around. Does BMW sell an M5 with an auto? Uh no.

Stop nit picking reasons to dump on caddy when they are coming out with a 600 HP engine.

Also, I would like to point out that when the article came out saying it was the CTS V plus, I said the there must be something we dont know about it because of that hoodscoop, seeing how the LS2 isnt physically bigger than the LS6. I guess there was somethign we dont know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.