GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I just bought a 1959 Chevy Impala Nomad Wagon. We can find little to nothing for information on this car. Does anyone know where I can find anything on this car????????? Should we restore it? Or should we chop it and redesign it????????? Help and what do you think????????? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! You can email me directly at [email protected] so I know I get things.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
If the car needs a lot of body and engine work, I'd suggest chopping it. It the car is in good shape, I'd restore it to original.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Restore it. Anything that's remotely rare should be restored to original condition.

There's a florist in Boyne City, MI, that has a '58 Nomad, silver, with Corvette Rallys, but otherwise stock looking. The back windows are panels (not sure if this was stock or not) instead of glass, and they have their florist logo on the panels. Extremely cool car that hasn't been chopped or messed with too much.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
totally depends. sounds like you're not very familiar with the cars history or where you might find parts, so a true restoration might be tricky. i'd say decide what your ultimate goal is. show car? wanna sell it and make big bucks? then an original restoration is probably in order. wanna have something unique? a playtoy for summer? you might be just as well off chopping it. but either way sounds like you have a fun project ahead of you! we'll all be waiting for the pics!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Just want to let you know that unless the finished car will be worth over $100000, restoration or modification is not a money making proposition (unless your evil :drevil: ). If you do it right, it is a LOT of work. Check out

http://www.autorestorer.com/

to get a feel for what you would be in for. Now I'm not trying to discourage you, you have a unique car that will be awesome when it's done. The fun is getting the car done and showing it off.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Restore it. Don't try to improve on the original.

You love it for what it was. Keep it that way.

Resist the temptation to use whatever pretty metallic color strikes your fancy. Get a color card and do it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts