GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro SS about 5 months ago and was wondering if the "Fifty's" were numbered since they're anniversary edition and if so, how can I find out what number mine is. The dealership doesn't even know if they're numbered are not. Thx for the help.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Just curious why this made it to the News Ticker?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The 50th Anniversary Edition is just an option package, not an actual production code.

In fact ALL 2017 Camaros, from the base LS to the ZL1, have a plate on the bottom of the steering wheel with the word "Fifty".

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
I bought a 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro SS about 5 months ago and was wondering if the "Fifty's" were numbered since they're anniversary edition and if so, how can I find out what number mine is. The dealership doesn't even know if they're numbered are not. Thx for the help.
I'm pretty sure all of that year had "fifty" badging in some form or another. It's not a limited edition car or anything, it's just an AWESOME car!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Not numbered but if you watch on www.camaro6.com, they will probably have a number by the end of the 2017 model year come June/July on a total build figure of 50th anniversary Camaros.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies and info. I'd like to let people know that I've had my 50th Anniversary Camaro 2SS since September 21st & just received an unexpected package in the mail last week. The package was from the GM manufacturer and is a VERY nice book with all of the Camaro Generations painted on sheets abt 2'x3' in size. Also, the most important thing, I received a thank you letter from GM for my purchase and a card with my name, vin #, PRODUCTION # (which is what I wanted) & the rest of the description for the car. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering if you get a production # for the 50th. You DO, and the things GM sent are very nice. Thx again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received a birth ceritficate for my 50 SS. Mine is #755. I bought it in August of 2016.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
GM produced over 83,000 2017 Camaro's, all of which are technically 50th anniversary models with the 50th logo on the lower steering wheel.

·
Registered
21,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I was going to say that 83K sounded high, based on sales, but considering there is still +6,200 still available (based on Cars.com), maybe not.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...levance&stkTypId=28880&yrId=30031936&zc=48331
I was surprised as well but Camaro6 reports a total of 83358 2017 Camaro's produced.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515520 I guess they figured the 50th anniversary might move more metal?

There were 5982 "special edition" 50th cars produced.

Incentives are high right now on Camaro's so I might just jump in the market for an incredible discount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and info. I'd like to let people know that I've had my 50th Anniversary Camaro 2SS since September 21st & just received an unexpected package in the mail last week. The package was from the GM manufacturer and is a VERY nice book with all of the Camaro Generations painted on sheets abt 2'x3' in size. Also, the most important thing, I received a thank you letter from GM for my purchase and a card with my name, vin #, PRODUCTION # (which is what I wanted) & the rest of the description for the car. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering if you get a production # for the 50th. You DO, and the things GM sent are very nice. Thx again.
I ordered mine in Dec 2016 and I did not get a birth certificate. How do I request one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are numbered write to GM heritage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts