GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) Hello I am helping a friend tinker with his new '01 Silverado. it is pretty He allready has a K&N filter I reccommended to him the whole air intake kit. What ECU programmer do you reccommend or should we use a chip? what about Upgraded MAFs? Throttle bofies? spacers? He allready has straightpipes on it, no cats and runs and looks awsome. I know the basic stuff but I am a Ford man so I dont know the best tuners but woud like a little advice. thanks
Regg

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
headers. Its the same block as an LS1, so all the LS1 parts will fit on the 5.3. Only the 5.3 has an Iron block. The usual stuff you can do to motors can be done. They have supercharger set ups and everything you could possibly want. I dunno all about that hypertech programing as I dont trust them at all. Anyone that does DIY prom or chip burning knows that all thoes aftermarket chips suck. A true reprograming by a professional that has cracked teh obd2 ecm would be best. Good luck with the truck. Sounds like a cool motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a Granatelli Motorsports Diablosport Predator for my 01 Tahoe 5.3 and it rocks! Plus, after I inquired, Diablosport sent me a new customized power program update via email for free. It also firmed up *and* quickened the shifts (user programmable), plus there is a separate program for the Tow/Haul mode. Got it brand new from a guy on ebay, so saved at least 150. Highly recommended. Oh, and I get no pinging with the power program but I always use 93 octane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts