GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, the ULX (ultra luxury) would be fun, but Cadillac won't get to that until years from now. Lincoln will be now introducing new entry-level vehicles and Cadillac will be competing with Bentley's by then. Lincoln, and Cadillac we think of are rivals. American Luxury Rivals. But, not for long. Cadillac is passing Lincoln not only in sales but in segment. Since Caddy is moving up and upscale and down and down in average buyer's age, they will most likely have the crown.

Anyway, Cadillac is almost finished. A few brushes here and there, and we could have a new brand. Escalade and DeVille will be hard to let go. The two best-selling vehicles of the brand will be redesigned to perfection for 2006. 4 are down (STS, CTS, CTS-V, XLR) and 2 are to go (Escalade, DTS). Is that a good thing? Oh yeah. Currently, Caddy's sales have increased by about 10% this year so far, very good for the brand. Now, I want a 20-30% increase. How do we get there? Continue the 'Break Through' campaign, get more people to the dealers, and build much more of a better car than BMW 5-Series (Caddy STS has already accomplished that). :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions? Any things to fix? Any other vehicles to go? Tell me.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Get rid of the 'Lade? What are you crazy?
To fix the Lade, the interior needs a Caddy-sized upgrade. And they need to keep in mind that things like large DVD screens are a must have option for this car. There isnt much that I can think of chaning on the Lade. The DTS, well give it the caddy make over, but keep it FWD I guess. It gives people looking at ES330's something to think about. There really isnt much left for the DTS to do. I say its time to let it go. Give it the caddy look, and then slowly let it go. I think a A&S caddy DTS might look pretty cool. give it wider and shorter headlights with a taller grill then the STS, and smooth out the sharp lines.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
The Escalade is due for a re-fresh in 2006, along with all the other GMT800 large SUV's like the Tahoe and Yukon. More HP, maybe 385..a little softer front end, think "Sixteen"...slimer headlights, bigger grille..all new interiors.

The DeVille is not going anywhere...though I do think that Cadillac will sooner or later make the DeVille/DTS RWD..for now the current car is going to be refreshed for 2006. The body should remain the same, the heaslights will get narrower and the grille will get larger. The rear tailights will sweep up into the body, nothing radical, just to bring the DeVille/DTS in line with the rest of the line up. There probably will be a new interior too.

I dont think that Cadillac will get rid of the Escalade or DeVille names..they have the best recognition in the line up...there probably will be a high performance DTS model that will be much more aggressive than the DeVille, but I do see Cadillac keeping the DeVille name around for the regular luxo-cruiser 6 passenger models simply because it's Cadillacs best seller..and even though Cadillac wants to court younger buyers....it does not want to turn it's back on it's diehard loyalists either.

The Escalade name has almost become "pop" culture....it's mentioned everywhere...TV...songs...movies...etc..If I where the marketing director at Cadillac I would think long and hard before changing the Escalades name.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Lose Escalade?

They sell 50,000 of these puppies a year. They probably make 20 grand plus per copy. This beast isn't going anywhere. It's a money machine.

Lose DeVille?

They sell 80,000 some a year. At healthy margins. It's not going anywhere, either.

Don't think strategic, or aesthetic or any other mode of decision-making. Think money. GM exists to make money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts